The Student Room Group

Is it possible to see previous years' clearing lists?

I am not 100% confident of meeting my UCL offer for civil engineering (A*AA) and my insurance is just a grade lower, so I want to look into clearing. My results will be published 19th May (CIE India March session). Is it possible to have a look at the previous years' - at least 2015 - clearing lists so I can have an idea of which universities I can still go to?

I'm mostly interested in looking at Queen Mary, Bristol and Manchester. Both have vacancies for engineering in clearing, right?
Original post by theonetruequeen
I am not 100% confident of meeting my UCL offer for civil engineering (A*AA) and my insurance is just a grade lower, so I want to look into clearing. My results will be published 19th May (CIE India March session). Is it possible to have a look at the previous years' - at least 2015 - clearing lists so I can have an idea of which universities I can still go to?

I'm mostly interested in looking at Queen Mary, Bristol and Manchester. Both have vacancies for engineering in clearing, right?

It's pretty hard to get hold of the lists but we did talk about it a lot on TSR last year:

And here's some discussion about Russell Group unis in Clearing http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3439197

Check out @PQ's Clearing list from last year http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3467547
There are copyright issues involved in posting pictures of the newspapers on here, I'm afraid.
Original post by She-Ra
It's pretty hard to get hold of the lists but we did talk about it a lot on TSR last year:

And here's some discussion about Russell Group unis in Clearing http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3439197

Check out @PQ's Clearing list from last year http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3467547

Thank you so much!

To clarify, was Manchester in clearing for engineering courses?
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
There are copyright issues involved in posting pictures of the newspapers on here, I'm afraid.

Will they available anywhere online? Is there anyone I can contact who will have them?
Thank you so much!

To clarify, was Manchester in clearing for engineering courses?

Take a look at this thread from a couple of years back http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2388352

See if the engineering course is currently available via UCAS Extra too!
Will they available anywhere online? Is there anyone I can contact who will have them?

I don't believe they are available online. Paper copies of the newspapers should be available in public libraries.

However, there is little point in pursuing last year's lists. Clearing is like the July sales to universities: it's an opportunity to get rid of the things that didn't sell. If a shop found itself with a load of lime green, three-sleeved jumpers left over at the end of the season, then it would make sure it didn't make the same mistake of stocking so many the following year. Universities will adjust the number of places so as to try to avoid being in the situation of having too many left over on a particular course this time round. They won't get it right, of course, but the places left over will be different to last year. You can't use what has gone before as a reliable guide to next year.
I don't believe they are available online. Paper copies of the newspapers should be available in public libraries.

However, there is little point in pursuing last year's lists. Clearing is like the July sales to universities: it's an opportunity to get rid of the things that didn't sell. If a shop found itself with a load of lime green, three-sleeved jumpers left over at the end of the season, then it would make sure it didn't make the same mistake of stocking so many the following year. Universities will adjust the number of places so as to try to avoid being in the situation of having too many left over on a particular course this time round. They won't get it right, of course, but the places left over will be different to last year. You can't use what has gone before as a reliable guide to next year.

That, disappointingly, makes a lot of sense :frown:

Thanks anyway.
Reply 8

How OTT.
Original post by Carnes
How OTT.

That's a matter for the newspapers who requested them to be removed in years gone by. Don't blame me.
Reply 10
That's a matter for the newspapers who requested them to be removed in years gone by. Don't blame me.

Love you.
Original post by Carnes
How OTT.

UCAS are very harsh on people sharing the listings outside their official pages - that's why they insist any pdf versions aren't preserved.

Reference libraries stock hard copy and microfiche newspapers that anyone can access.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending