The Student Room Group

Sweden's PR Stunt

Edit: Sorry, wrong thread
(edited 6 years ago)
A man uses his freedom of speech to criticise the government about the lack of free speech and inability to criticise the government?

In a country which truly lacked free speech and the inability to criticise the government, he would have offered his asinine thoughts on meatballs and flat pack furniture.
Someone has to call, I dares someone
Reply 3
Original post by HanSoloLuck
Someone has to call, I dares someone

Not me!
:colone:
lol
Original post by Quantex
A man uses his freedom of speech to criticise the government about the lack of free speech and inability to criticise the government?

In a country which truly lacked free speech and the inability to criticise the government, he would have offered his asinine thoughts on meatballs and flat pack furniture.

I think the point is they did it to celebrate the end of censorship 250 years prior, presumably to stop 'misinformation' but when people start asking tricky questions there is no clear answer to (for example it is actually illegal to criticise migration policy in sweden as they expanded their racial hatred laws) the response is to label them 'haters' in order to actually avoid answering difficult questions and call for their opinions to be shut down ie censored.

This unto itself misses the point they are volunteers and can opt out whenever they like, but demanding an end to a free speech scheme because you dont like what people are saying is highly ironic.
Dabitch :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending