The Student Room Group

Parents don't like me vaping

recently me and my friends have started to vape because its cool to vape together but my parents found my pen and threw it away i hate them but i want to vape with my friends because its cool what do i do

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by FurryBoy23
recently me and my friends have started to vape because its cool to vape together but my parents found my pen and threw it away i hate them but i want to vape with my friends because its cool what do i do

Depends on your age:

< 18 - Do as you're told

> 18 - Do whatever you want
Reply 2
I suggest watching some 80's action movies and doing some weights. Your parents will be relieved it was just a phase.
Reply 3
recently me and my friends have started to vape because its cool to vape

No it definitely isn't. Vapers just look like a bunch of sissies who are too scared for the real thing. They always pull weird weird faces when vaping, too.

You may aswell be smoking shisha like the teenage girls.
Buy cigarettes. They will soon clamour for you to go back to vaping assuming their brains are not made from faeces
Original post by Davalla
No it definitely isn't. Vapers just look like a bunch of sissies who are too scared for the real thing. They always pull weird weird faces when vaping, too.

You may aswell be smoking shisha like the teenage girls.

TFW you realise they aren't the same thing...
Vaping is for asshats.
As long as your boyfriend agrees with it

It's not cool lmao
I remember when it was cool to play on your Gameboy, cool to go into town with friends, or cool to play Pokémon cards.

How times change. :colonhash:
(edited 7 years ago)

This is as cool as you'll ever be.
Reply 11
Original post by Reue
Depends on your age:

< 18 - Do as you're told

> 18 - Do whatever you want

If he lives under his parents' roof, irrespective of age, he has to follow their rules.
Reply 12
Original post by spv
If he lives under his parents' roof, irrespective of age, he has to follow their rules.

Only within their house imo
Reply 13
Original post by Reue
Only within their house imo

Ugh, just respect your parents' rules. What's the big deal?
Parents aren't saying 'no' for the hell of saying it. The reason being it's not good for you- OP just needs to quit whining and accept it!

Cool to vape?
How?
Original post by spv

what if he pays the mortgage/utilities etc. and is staying for their convenience and not his.

Someone who vapes thinks vaping is cool though, this is probably not the case, just chucking a hypothetical at you.
Reply 16
Original post by Oilfreak1
what if he pays the mortgage/utilities etc. and is staying for their convenience and not his.

Someone who vapes thinks vaping is cool though, this is probably not the case, just chucking a hypothetical at you.

Then, he's pulling his weight, and can smoke outside the house if he really wants to (have a discussion with parents regarding this)
At the end of the day, they're still his parents, and he has to respect them!
Original post by spv
Parents aren't saying 'no' for the hell of saying it. The reason being it's not good for you- OP just needs to quit whining and accept it!

To be honest if your parents are giving you rules on how to conduct yourself outside of their house when you're over 18 you have a pretty dysfunctional relationship.
Reply 18
Original post by spv

The big deal is that as an adult you are capable of and expected to make your own choices.
Reply 19
Original post by spv
Then, he's pulling his weight, and can smoke outside the house if he really wants to (have a discussion with parents regarding this)

Telling someone that you're going to be doing something regardless of what they say is not a discussion :wink:

Quick Reply