The Student Room Group

Hilsborough inquest verdict

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rock Fan
Well people have been spamming the sun comments section saying they will boycott the newspaper.

Lets hope they all have adblockers on otherwise it's a bit pointless

(also boycotting the companies advertising in the Sun would be more effective....)

Well people have been spamming the sun comments section saying they will boycott the newspaper.

Obviously those people not Scousers who have been boycotting for 27 years.
Original post by PQ
Lets hope they all have adblockers on otherwise it's a bit pointless

(also boycotting the companies advertising in the Sun would be more effective....)

Didn't the Sun actually issue an apology in the end because it surely would have been different editors now compared to 1989.
Didn't the Sun actually issue an apology in the end because it surely would have been different editors now compared to 1989.

They did apologise for the headline after the HIP published in 2012.

I don't think they ever apologised to some of the families for other actions though. The story of them contacting the Nicol family soon after asking for a nice photo to publish through blackmail (they told the family that without a live photo they'd publish a photo of his body instead) and then publishing both photos with the dead photo bigger.

I don't think any apologies really makes a dent in behaviour like that.
Original post by PQ
They did apologise for the headline after the HIP published in 2012.

I don't think they ever apologised to some of the families for other actions though. The story of them contacting the Nicol family soon after asking for a nice photo to publish through blackmail (they told the family that without a live photo they'd publish a photo of his body instead) and then publishing both photos with the dead photo bigger.

I don't think any apologies really makes a dent in behaviour like that.

No and that's the sad bit that they seemingly made no effort to apologise to the families for the lies published.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending