The Student Room Group

Officer

My uncle is an Officer Captain in the armed forces and I haven't got around to ask him what qualifications you need. Could someone tell me the exact qualifications, thank you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Original post by william hart
My uncle is an Officer Captain in the armed forces and I haven't got around to ask him what qualifications you need. Could someone tell me the exact qualifications, thank you.

Which service, what job?

They vary. We can't tell you unless you help us out with more details.
"Officer Captain" isn't a rank in any of the British armed forces.
He became an officer then promoted to a captain, I'm not 100% sure what type of officer but I aspire to be an officer and want to know the qualifications, thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you look at the websites of the Navy, Army and Air Force, you'll see the different qualifications needed for the different roles an Officer can undertake. Being 'an Officer' isn't all of what you are. You are 'an Officer' in a specialization and each has different entry requirements.
Original post by ProStacker
If you look at the websites of the Navy, Army and Air Force, you'll see the different qualifications needed for the different roles an Officer can undertake. Being 'an Officer' isn't all of what you are. You are 'an Officer' in a specialization and each has different entry requirements.

But you're an officer first. They always say this.
Reply 6
Original post by Mathstatician
But you're an officer first. They always say this.

They do always say it.

Once you're in.

And in order to get in you have to qualify for the role and pass training. Which requires specific qualifications depending on your branch. Which means his point is entirely correct.

Quick Reply

Latest