The Student Room Group

eligibility for a loan

I write because I have been offered a placement at a University in London in order to do a PhD. In that regard I would like to enquire whether I can apply for both a tuition fees loan and maintenance loan and maintenance grant.My program is 1+3 years (1 year MPhil + 3 years PhD). However, I have already a Master's Degree, but the entry level for a PhD is MPhil. Although I am from EU, I have been living outside the EU since 2010, within which time I also lived in Europe for 7 months.I would very much appreciate if you could give me an advice on my eligibility for a loan.
Reply 1
Original post by orfei
I write because I have been offered a placement at a University in London in order to do a PhD. In that regard I would like to enquire whether I can apply for both a tuition fees loan and maintenance loan and maintenance grant.My program is 1+3 years (1 year MPhil + 3 years PhD). However, I have already a Master's Degree, but the entry level for a PhD is MPhil. Although I am from EU, I have been living outside the EU since 2010, within which time I also lived in Europe for 7 months.I would very much appreciate if you could give me an advice on my eligibility for a loan.

You're going to be doing a postgraduate course, but the funding you've mentioned is for undergraduate courses. You're therefore not eligible.

There is a new loan for postgrad courses, but for that you need to not hold a previous postgrad qualification. As you hold a masters you won't be eligible for this either.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending