The Student Room Group

Changing university

Hi,

I applied for student finance a few weeks back, to study outside of London. After a change of circumstances I will now be studying in London and need to change my application.

I am aware I can do this in May, however this shouldn't have an effect on my loan amount, should it? I would like to apply for the maximum loan.

As my application hasn't already been approved as my parents are yet to send off their evidence would it be better to wait, or would I be able to cancel my application and re-apply?

Appreciate the help. :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by preetg97
Hi,

I applied for student finance a few weeks back, to study outside of London. After a change of circumstances I will now be studying in London and need to change my application.

I am aware I can do this in May, however this shouldn't have an effect on my loan amount, should it? I would like to apply for the maximum loan.

As my application hasn't already been approved as my parents are yet to send off their evidence would it be better to wait, or would I be able to cancel my application and re-apply?

Appreciate the help. :smile:

The maximum loan for studying in London is higher than studying outside London so it will affect your loan entitlement - but it won't be different just because you've applied and changed the application.

Change of circumstances can be sent at any point so you don't need to meet the deadline. The deadline is just for sending the initial application. It is up to you, but it would probably be easier to wait and then send the change of circumstances, rather than cancelling and reapplying.
Hi Preetg97

Please complete the change of circumstance online once it is available.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending