The Student Room Group

If in a relationship do you erase pictures videos of an ex?

Just wondering. Or do you keep them secretly to look at and reminisce about those conquests/relationships you've had?

If you current partner asked you to get rid, would you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1
Never been in this situation as I've never felt the need to save pictures.

If I were though; I'd delete as soon as the relationship had ended.
Reply 2
I supposed it's the most respectable thing to do.
Original post by SMEGGGY
Just wondering. Or do you keep them secretly to look at and reminisce about those conquests/relationships you've had?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would just hide/store them where they cannot be seen/found
:biggrin:
I am not in the relationship at the moment but have deleted those things anyway.

If they find you reminiscing about someone from the past, they have every right to get ask you to get rid of them or leave you.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by SMEGGGY

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's how people emotionally put themselves down even more than they currently are if they really loved their ex.
Reply 6
Original post by ODES_PDES
I would just hide/store them where they cannot be seen/found
:biggrin:

Haha typical answer, I do too but it's very sneaky & if found out can cause serious arguments.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SMEGGGY
Haha typical answer, I do too but it's very sneaky & if found out can cause serious arguments.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am very careful in hiding things !!
:u:
I'd probably just keep 'em to remind yourself never to go back there again and the reason you broke up. It's kinda weird though but I'm fully accepting of weirdness! Also, I suppose it'd be good when your older to look back and remember some of your childhood. This is why I keep every photo I take. XD
Reply 9
Original post by thefatone
That's how people emotionally put themselves down even more than they currently are if they really loved their ex.

Yes but for guys [most I'd say] it's about looking at those people they've 'had' and well to knock one out, thinking **** I've had them and the things I did to them. But if a current partner finds them they'd be hurt to think that they still mean something to him/her.
Original post by SMEGGGY
Yes but for guys [most I'd say] it's about looking at those people they've 'had' and well to knock one out, thinking **** I've had them and the things I did to them. But if a current partner finds them they'd be hurt to think that they still mean something to him/her.

then you still really loved her then.....

i just realised your user is Smeggy .-.
No I delete them all. Though turns out my laptop had a copy of one of the backup drive which I also swiftly deleted. Can comfortably say I'm not into keeping photos of people that made me look cold hearted!
Obviously?
Never been in this situation but say I broke up with current partner and got a new one or was still single, I would find it hard to delete 7 years worth of pics and videos. If we broke up through him cheating on me then I would maybe delete them in anger as soon as we broke up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is always a bit of an awkward subject.

Personally, I don't see the harm in keeping a few memories. I certainly have. At the end of the day these people were a part of our lives, and sure we can remember the good times but it's nice to be able to actually look at those moments too. As long as you're not clinging on or hoping for them back or crying your eyes out for an hour after looking at them, I say go for it.

Of course, you can be honest with your partner and say you have these things. If it's an issue you may have to discuss it properly before making a decision.

I notice you specifically say "videos", so I'm not sure if this thread is more to do with intimate material. If so, I definitely think they should be deleted.
Original post by Reue
Never been in this situation as I've never felt the need to save pictures.

If I were though; I'd delete as soon as the relationship had ended.

Amen to that. Out of sight out of mind.
Reply 16
Keep them. But don't flaunt them. The past is in the past but no harm in memorabilia.
Reply 17
Original post by Zarek
Keep them. But don't flaunt them. The past is in the past but no harm in memorabilia.

Not flaunting but if they are on your phone, laptop, tablet. Just wondered what the views were on TSR.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
[QUOTE=SMEGGGY;64436093]Not flaunting but if they are on your phone, laptop, tablet. Just wondered what the views were on TSR.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Better in a little visited laptop folder than on your phone or tablet, in my view

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending