The Student Room Group

Coursework crisis

Hi,if i got a B (1 mark off an A) for geography aqa coursework, could i get an A* overall as the exam is worth 75% and i am much stronger in an exam situation.(GCSE)
(edited 7 years ago)
From what I understand, you need an A* in all A2 units to get an A*...
Original post by Legendary Quest
From what I understand, you need an A* in all A2 units to get an A*...

Sorry i forgot to say it is for gcse
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by annonymous098
Sorry i forgot to say it is for gcse

Oh, sorry. I should've noticed that this is in the GCSE section :tongue:

Use the UMS grade boundaries for your exam board to calculate how many marks you need in the exam to get the A*. You will have to convert your raw mark from the coursework into UMS. You can search for the raw mark to ums converter on your exam board's website :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Oh, sorry. I should've noticed that this is in the GCSE section :tongue:

Use the UMS grade boundaries for your exam board to calculate how many marks you need in the exam to get the A*. You will have to convert your raw mark from the coursework into UMS. You can search for the raw mark to ums converter on your exam board's website :smile:

Alright thank you very much ill do that right now:smile:. Its just because i am feeling a bit deflated after that score as i have never got below an A in coursework:frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Alright thank you very much ill do that right now:smile:. Its just because i am feeling a bit deflated after that score as i have never got below an A in coursework:frown:

Don't be too upset. Make sure you smash the exam so you can get those extra ums marks to get the A*. If the exam is worth 75% then I am sure if you do very well in the exam you'll get it. Do check the UMS grade boundaries so you can see exactly where you stand. :smile:
Don't be too upset. Make sure you smash the exam so you can get those extra ums marks to get the A*. If the exam is worth 75% then I am sure if you do very well in the exam you'll get it. Do check the UMS grade boundaries so you can see exactly where you stand. :smile:

Thanks for the motivation😄 I just need to get over 90% in boths exams - its atight squeeze but ill try my best!
Thanks for the motivation😄 I just need to get over 90% in boths exams - its atight squeeze but ill try my best!

Good luck :smile:
Reply 8
Hi,if i got a B (1 mark off an A) for geography aqa coursework, could i get an A* overall as the exam is worth 75% and i am much stronger in an exam situation.(GCSE)

Hi

You'll have to check UMS grade boundaries and you should be able to see if it's really possible. You could also ask your teacher to explain this. I got an A in my Geography coursework and I'm sitting the foundation paper as I'm quite good with things like coursework. However, luckily I'm a bit safer now and more likely to pass with a C at least. :smile:

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest