The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Accommodation

n/a
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Student98x
What would you suggest is the best accommodation for social life in the first year?

The doxa would tell you that Rootes is the "party hall". At least it has this type of reputation.
But I have read and believe that what you put in your description while you apply for accommodation is as important (if not more) as the building itself. In fact, there are, I think, some quiet flats / floors in Rootes and some noisy and outgoing people in every other hall. So I'd advise you to state that you want a developed social life in your application... :smile:

And, in the end, as mundane as it sounds, your social life is what you make of it... The accommodation is probably going to give you just a little push to go and share some good times with your flatmates. But they probably (and hopefully) won't be the only persons you'll see all year!
(edited 7 years ago)
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Which hall you're in is mostly irrelevant for that sort of thing. There are lively flats/kitchens and quiet flats/kitchens in every hall: there's vastly more variance between halls than within them. Pick based on location (avoid Rootes if you like sleeping at night: it's too close to the SU), cost, and the quality of the facilities.
Reply 3
Rootes also has a tendency to have a fire alarm every other night because someone left their toast in the toaster, but I agree make sure you really reflect what you want in your personal bit of your accommodation application.

Quick Reply

Latest