The Student Room Group

What are the top 10 worst things parents could say or do during revision period?

Scroll to see replies

"I want to see all the work you've done today"

*hands a page of hand written notes*

:indiff:

":angry:"
"When I was your age, I got all A's in my exams. I did not speak to girls or go for parties. I stayed in my room and studied hard like a good child."
Original post by pondsteps
HAHAHA i feel u :P

Nightmare xD
I'm not allowed to listen to music while I'm studying. My phone has to be in the living room while I'm studying. They come into my room and check on me in intervals. They constantly keep asking me how my studying is going lol.
Original post by Wired_1800
"When I was your age, I got all A's in my exams. I did not speak to girls or go for parties. I stayed in my room and studied hard like a good child."

Yeah lol. My parents and grandparents are like geniuses and I don't think I am. I'm not allowed to go out with guys that are even just friends haha. I'm kinda going insane now with all the studying I'm doing
I don't get much of 7, but I'm certain that exams (OCR maths) from 2008 or thereabouts are easier than 2014 or 15 papers. Not exactly the time period parents are referring to, but still...
"Do well."

That is literally the only thing I have gotten from my parents regarding exams. :biggrin:
Original post by BhavyaB
Yeah lol. My parents and grandparents are like geniuses and I don't think I am. I'm not allowed to go out with guys that are even just friends haha. I'm kinda going insane now with all the studying I'm doing

They want you to develop your 'genius.'

Yeah, some parents are very strict with these restrictions. Once, I got a C in an impromptu class test and my mother made me study IN FRONT of her. It was one of the weirdest 2 weeks of my school life.
Original post by Wired_1800
They want you to develop your 'genius.'

Yeah, some parents are very strict with these restrictions. Once, I got a C in an impromptu class test and my mother made me study IN FRONT of her. It was one of the weirdest 2 weeks of my school life.

Lol I guess so, I've also been told I will never be an A* student but haha I already have A*s.
I've been asked to study in front of them too before but then they realised I couldn't focus there with them so I was let back into my room to study. However, they want the best for their offsprings so I get it but still not the best way to do it.
Original post by Perfectly_Imperfect
hah. I had similar from my mum. "Are you really going to apply for a PhD and put yourself through all this stress again?" referring to my master's work.

This came about three days after her rant of "you're so lazy, all you do is sit around all day doing nothing." Yeah.. glad a 20k word research project is "nothing"

Haha wow, congrats though! Gosh I know the feeling! Im doing French now and I'll do it when I start University this year, and my mum seems to think that it should be easy for me or I shouldn't do it at all! They are the biggest hypocrites ever
Original post by MarleyZ
x

'Go and take some rest now' *One minute after taking a rest* 'Eyy nakami chhokri! Kaam kar!'

Translation: Ey, you useless child - go and do some work

:confused: :facepalm:
Original post by Saly_Elkady
I am not sure if this prayer scares you or not but I know that the Arab moms tend to say it a lot during the exams " May god reward you for your hard work "
Though I really work hard but when she says it I feels like I never opened a book xD

OMG I CAN SO RELATE TO THIS

my mum just prayed for me and said "May God help you pass your exams because of your hard work" and me over here on tsr like..:albertein::banana:
Original post by sfaraj
OMG I CAN SO RELATE TO THIS

my mum just prayed for me and said "May God help you pass your exams because of your hard work" and me over here on tsr like..:albertein::banana:

hahahahahahahaha my mom use to do the same thing when I use xpc ( xtremepapers community ) xD I use to be like no need to pray and logout immediately xD
Original post by ZuluK
Exactly right?? I've picked up Hindi from dramas and Bollywood :lol: my mums fascination with Star Plus is creepy.. :rofl:

Saatya tho :rofl:
Original post by BhagwanNoBhool
Saatya tho :rofl:

My friends mum calls me a Mini Kokila ~_~
Original post by BhavyaB
Lol I guess so, I've also been told I will never be an A* student but haha I already have A*s.
I've been asked to study in front of them too before but then they realised I couldn't focus there with them so I was let back into my room to study. However, they want the best for their offsprings so I get it but still not the best way to do it.

Yes, they want the best for their offsprings. Hopefully we make them proud. :smile:
when they say you're going to fail or don't come running to me when you fail
"It's okay if you don't get the grades to get into Durham, there will be other universities you can go to!"

I know they mean well but I really want to go to Durham and I'm excited to hopefully start there. It would CRUSH me if I didn't get in.
annoying when u dont revise, they nag and make u study
and when you study for ages, they beg you to stop

still love my mum the way she is tho so idm <3<3<3
Original post by EllainKahlo
Number 7 always gets me. If that were true then just anyone could sit the exam and get an A without trying, but clearly, that doesn't happen so bugger off.

I know right and you can only do the exam you given it's not like you can put you hand a up and say oh could I have a harder one please

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending