The Student Room Group

I'm Nigel Farage AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sfaraj
nah fam my parents had it longer than you adolescent

Get over yourself love.
Reply 21
Original post by Nigel Farage *
Probably 10-12 pints of lager on an average day.

I hope this is a joke. :redface:
Get over yourself love.

didnt say much to be on myself hate

coming from you its quite funny boo
Do ye prefer pigeons or seagulls?
Original post by Youngmetro
What policies do you propose then. Considering most of you policies would then mirror that of the Conservatives, you really dont have much of an original agenda. You'll become more irrelevant than the Green Party.

What an utter load of tosh! we are nothing like the conservatives, we put the British people first unlike the prime minister who floods the UK with hundreds of thousands of immigrants. UKIP would keep control of our borders and pick and choose who we let in based on a point system, similiar to what Australia have been doing with a lot of success.
Original post by sfaraj
didnt say much to be on myself hate

coming from you its quite funny boo

Sorry? I don't speak garbage.
Reply 26
No thanks, don't want any french immigrants on this forum
Original post by Woody_Pigeon
Do ye prefer pigeons or seagulls?

Definitely seagulls. Pigeons are useless.
Sorry? I don't speak garbage.

clearly, you believe that the UK should only speak english, of course youre not bilingual
What an utter load of tosh! we are nothing like the conservatives, we put the British people first unlike the prime minister who floods the UK with hundreds of thousands of immigrants. UKIP would keep control of our borders and pick and choose who we let in based on a point system, similiar to what Australia have been doing with a lot of success.

How do you propose that when we are still in the EU? They would never in a million years agree to such a proposal.
Original post by Whiggy
I hope this is a joke. :redface:

I'm a tough bloke. I can handle my Lager love.
Original post by sfaraj
clearly, you believe that the UK should only speak english, of course youre not bilingual

Of course. It is only common courtesy to speak the language of the country you're living in, it's called integration love.
Of course. It is only common courtesy to speak the language of the country you're living in, it's called integration love.

we live in a multi-ethnic society with people all over the world who dont speak english. suck it up, this isn't america and you're not trump
Original post by Youngmetro
How do you propose that when we are still in the EU? They would never in a million years agree to such a proposal.

UKIP will not cower down to Angela Merkel like David Cameron does, we will kick and scream for more powers if that is what it takes.
Reply 34

I reopen the wrong post; I meant to rep your reply to me. Oops. :colondollar:
How do you do that grin?
UKIP will not cower down to Angela Merkel like David Cameron does, we will kick and scream for more powers if that is what it takes.

No country will be on your side with this proposal. That's the point. No eurozone country would be because it would shake up the Euro. And no other country would do so because it would compromise the integrity of the EU. Your best chance and your biggest highlight was the last general election.
Original post by sfaraj
we live in a multi-ethnic society with people all over the world who dont speak english. suck it up, this isn't america and you're not trump

What on earth are you on about? I certainly don't expect the whole world to speak English. What a completely ridiculous assertion. When I've been to Spain on holiday as an example, I try my very best to speak in their language, it's just common decency- my parents brought me up with respect. It is no wonder Muslims don't integrate into the UK with attitudes like yours.
What on earth are you on about? I certainly don't expect the whole world to speak English. What a completely ridiculous assertion. When I've been to Spain on holiday as an example, I try my very best to speak in their language, it's just common decency- my parents brought me up with respect. It is no wonder Muslims don't integrate into the UK with attitudes like yours.

you obviously misinterpreted my comment, i dont mean the whole world, duh im talking about the UK you ****. Mate how the hell do muslims not integrate, if they didnt youll see that the whole muslim population only mix with themselves and dont attend mixed schools etc, well guess what!? THEY DONT I got to a flipping mixed school in south london! we do integrate mate, your just too blind to see it! my best friends dad married a white woman, tell me thats not integration!

im not saying we should all speak our own language, but as you said, you try your hardest to speak spanish, hardest so obviously you wouldnt speak entirely spanish over there and would certainly speak english with your family same situation is applied to the uk. my parents are arabic speakers, and i translate for them, doesn't mean a thing, they try their hardest and have gone to college to learn english but they still try

also, mate muslims have bloody nothing to do with what we were talking about, stop putting blames on people that dont apply to the situation, religion and language are 2 different things, go back to school farage and learn your history, something both you and trump are lacking. lets hope UKIP arent the next republicans or whatever to make britain white again
I doubt this is Nigel Farage, the politican, however if it is I have some questions for him:

Q. Are you at all familiar with sociological models of integration and the evidence that it takes around 125 years for extra-European (usually, but actually things depend on the family model but for simplicity's sake let us refer to 'extra-European':wink: groups to integrate into European societies? Interesting, isn't it? Recent work in the field of sociology - such as by leading socio-anthropologicst/ historian/ economist / political scientist Emmanuel Todd, PhD (Cambridge) - shows us that the intermarriage (the sociological litmus test for integration) cannot be expected to take place prior to this point. Ergo, actually criticising the levels of immigration amongst incoming groups before this point would be unfounded; the onus is still on the welcoming society to facilitate integration.

In my opinion, taking cheap political shots at immigrants results in unnecessarily suffering, achieving nothing. Please, desist. Recommended reading: 'Le destin des immigrés'. Todd Emmanuel Assimilation et ségrégation, 1994. (you will have to find the version in English as I do not have time right now).

Q. In am interested to know your views on neoliberalism. You may find that it would make more sense to question the roles of TNCs (you know, those blood-sucking squids on the face of humanity?) in the lives of the billions of people who do not belong to the global elite. Here is another book for you: 'The World as it is: Dispatches on the Myth of Human Progress". Hedges Chris, 2013. Believe you can read most of it here: https://books.google.co.uk/books?hl=en&lr=&id=tWj_AgAAQBAJ&oi=fnd&pg=PR11&dq=the+world+as+it+is+chris+hedges&ots=5-uoVf31mQ&sig=ucXIbhN4mQLfpbaWgL7504GQ4j8#v=onepage&q=the%20world%20as%20it%20is%20chris%20hedges&f=false

Q. Excuse my unadulterated curiosity but do you know Marine Le Pen? If so, do you get along?
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest