The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone else feel like they don't fit in anywhere? Be it on TSR or in real life, I don't fit in anywhere. I have tried so hard at uni with friendships (and other things) and I only really have one friend (at uni) that I completely trust, although I don't feel comfortable talking to him about everything cause he is very 'on point' and doesn't really see it from my point of view. There are a few others that I talk to, but they have constantly let me down and so I tend to keep my distance from them now. TSR is similar, too.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 101
so im now single :cry::bawling:
Original post by PandaWho

Oh no! what happened Panda? Do you want to talk about it? :hugs:
Original post by Pathway
I'm a very all-or-nothing kind of person...I'd much rather straight up fail than get a capped mark of 40...lol. Perfectionistic tendencies, I think. I need to see my disability adviser or something. Really should email my mentor too but I'm worried she will be mad at me for avoiding her. Ugh. I feel like I can't see my GP anymore because she doesn't understand what I'm going on about/where I'm coming from. The voices say she's got it in for me, so I don't really trust her anymore.

I've finished it mostly now (5.3k words out of 6k, we don't have a lower limit so that's good), just editing now. Need to do the abstract and a conclusion as well. It just feels like it's all wrong. Probably doesn't help that the voices have been shouting at me about how useless I am at everything. :sigh:

It can be difficult to trust people if the voices tell you not to, but I think, in all likelihood, she doesn't have it in for you and probably just wants to help. Voices are not your friends and they lie and make you feel like ****.

I'm really glad to hear you've written so much. Hopefully you're finished now? Good luck with it!

Oh god, :hugs: :penguinhug:
Getting anxious and need to calm before it gets worse. It's definitely building. Advice?
Original post by Ezme39
Getting anxious and need to calm before it gets worse. It's definitely building. Advice?

Cup of tea? (though maybe too late with the caffeine)......hot chocolate?

When I feel stressed I have a very hot shower with my head under the faucet so I can't hear anything except rushing water. For reason that makes me feel really calm.
Original post by moment of truth
I know you said you prefer to have it all done and not hand in work that isn't completely done, but at least you have something to show for your hard work. I highly doubt it's all wrong, that is just your mind playing tricks with you and you definitely aren't useless! :hugs:

Idk. I just feel like everything is so beyond pointless right now. Thank you though. Here if you need to talk about anything?

Original post by Sabertooth
It can be difficult to trust people if the voices tell you not to, but I think, in all likelihood, she doesn't have it in for you and probably just wants to help. Voices are not your friends and they lie and make you feel like ****.

I'm really glad to hear you've written so much. Hopefully you're finished now? Good luck with it!

I'm not sure they're lying. Tbh, I'm not sure it even matters because she doesn't really say anything different to what CMHT/my psych said before they discharged me, so it feels kind of irrelevant even if the voices are lying about the situation?? Not sure if that makes sense.

Yeah, mostly. Just need to redo my abstract, not happy with it at all (it's not included in the word count, so yeah). not concise enough...But other than that I'm done. 5.7k out of 6k, so it's under the word limit, it's fine. Just worried it's not good enough and my dad'll be mad or something. :sigh:

Thank you. Hope you're OK? :hugs:

:hugs: I'm sorry.
Q) Would it be okay to go speak to my GP about my mental health problems? :erm:
I'm worried that the conversation might not be confidential I.e GP telling my parents etc. :afraid:

:hide:
Original post by Anonymous
Q) Would it be okay to go speak to my GP about my mental health problems? :erm:
I'm worried that the conversation might not be confidential I.e GP telling my parents etc. :afraid:

:hide:

Heya,

How old are you? If you're over 16 then the doctor will have no reason to tell your parents unless they believe you to be a risk to yourself/others. :hugs:
Reply 110
Original post by Ezme39

I fall asleep listening to a fake fireplace - there really is an app for everything :smile:
I randomly woke up with a bad panic attack earlier and it was totally out of the blue and it was one of the worst I've had for a while and I was sitting there trying to keep it together and then my clingy cat, Regan appeared out of nowhere and started licking away my tears and cuddled that far into my face that I could feel her wee heartbeat on my face :colondollar: and she sat there until the worst was over and then when I lay back down, she lay right beside me and had her face right at mine and hasn't left my side since.

Its strange that animals that are of a totally different species and don't understand your language at all, understand what exactly to do to comfort someone without being told to whereas so many humans don't know how to show compassion or empathy. Grateful for all my wee kitties. They are what keep me going :smile:

Sorry to hear that :frown: :hugs:

Original post by Pathway
Idk. I just feel like everything is so beyond pointless right now. Thank you though. Here if you need to talk about anything?

I know that feeling, but it's not true. Thank you for the offer :hugs:
Exam tomorrow. :s-smilie:
went to my first counselling session today.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 115
Original post by hannahrobinsxn
went to my first counselling session today.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How was it? I keep meaning to make one but I am just so exhausted. I've lost the will to feel better and don't feel speaking to a random stranger will change that
Original post by Airmed
Exam tomorrow. :s-smilie:

Exam in 2 hours. :afraid:
Original post by Sabertooth
Exam in 2 hours. :afraid:

Good luck! :hugs:
Reply 118
Original post by moment of truth
Does anyone else feel like they don't fit in anywhere? Be it on TSR or in real life, I don't fit in anywhere. I have tried so hard at uni with friendships (and other things) and I only really have one friend (at uni) that I completely trust, although I don't feel comfortable talking to him about everything cause he is very 'on point' and doesn't really see it from my point of view. There are a few others that I talk to, but they have constantly let me down and so I tend to keep my distance from them now. TSR is similar, too.

This. Nobody ever even seems to reply to me on here any more, either that or my posts get deleted. All's I want is somebody to talk to about things and feel a little normal
Original post by Tw1x
This. Nobody ever even seems to reply to me on here any more, either that or my posts get deleted. All's I want is somebody to talk to about things and feel a little normal

I just want to reassure you that posts are only 'deleted' if they go against our guidelines and even then we try and edit them so they can stay :smile:

Latest