The Student Room Group

How should i convince my friend to watch anime?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Shiv Loves Maths
He calls me a weeaboo all the time :cry: He thinks anime is weird and fuxked up. I've told him anime is like a new medium with tons of genres but he wont listen. He won't even give death note a try :cry:

Tell him that it's only 20 minutes long and he can skip the 5min intro and the 2min endings if he wants.
Show him something that isn't all that anime-y. Stuff like Cowboy Bebop, Afro Samurai, Redline, maybe even some of Masaaki Yuasa's works. Then once he's become more open-minded you show him more normal anime, like Death Note, Monster, Mecha and Slice of Life anime etc.
Show him Death Note. Tell him what it's about first, I guarantee he will give it a go
He calls me a weeaboo all the time :cry: He thinks anime is weird and fuxked up. I've told him anime is like a new medium with tons of genres but he wont listen. He won't even give death note a try :cry:

I would begin with perhaps the most iconic sequence from arguably the most influential anime of all time:

[video="youtube;hQ8SLAEmyCI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ8SLAEmyCI[/video]

If that doesn't pique his interest, at least you know he's a lost cause.
Reply 24
Aw haha Im watching loads of anime. Im leaving all the good ones like steins gate and FMAB for thew summer :smile:

Have you heard of Gantz? You are doing the right thing tbh, if you started now you'd end up not revising at all.
Reply 25
Shows them some AMVs / ASMVs, hopefully the pure epicness will convince them to watch at least one episode!
Reply 26
How could he, call you a weeaboo. Try some slice of life type animes, those should get him into the hang of things. Or trade, like I've got my friend to watch blue exorcist if i watched how i met your mother and she actually kinda likes anime now, and she hated them before

Posted from TSR Mobile
In my opinion try to get them to watch Death Note first..many of my friends who started to get interested in anime after watching Death Note so I guess it would be a good thing to watch to introduce ten into Le Dark Hole 👻

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by animeamanda1412
In my opinion try to get them to watch Death Note first..many of my friends who started to get interested in anime after watching Death Note so I guess it would be a good thing to watch to introduce ten into Le Dark Hole 👻

Posted from TSR Mobile

This thread is bit of a joke, the first anime I made him watch was lain which was a bad idea haha
This thread is bit of a joke, the first anime I made him watch was lain which was a bad idea haha

never heard of that one xD what genre is it?
looks like a cool anime though I'm a fan of horror xD
my friend says that anime is pron... that's hentai...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending