The Student Room Group

Anyone else loving this new hairstyle for men

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xobeauty
image.jpeg

Ok so you like men with long hair, what else lol
It's no diff than the pic I put up, the hair is just braided
This is typical hipster move
Because it's done to look stylish right? But it's also ridiculous like a grown man with a mohawk braid??
Is he not tryna get a job? lol only a hipster would think, hey let me grow my hair long and then cut only some of it off, and then braid it and then bun it rofl
If the guy had spots and was obese you wouldn't like it would you?
Original post by 0to100
Hipster is anything people do to look cool by intentionally trying to look "bohemian" whilst still not looking poor

Hipster is blending into modern trends whilst taking from the vintage ones

Hipster is shopping at thrift shops and moving into "the ghetto" so they can selfie this once in a lifetime experience for their childhood mates back home

Hipster is jogging with hot pants in the middle of winter in the middle of the night with a dog and a kale drink in their fanny pack

Hipster is the uniform of gentrification

Hipster looks like pricey brands and being nerdy in an "urban" way to say "hey, look, I'm educated and middle classed, but dear me hold on, I'm also cool ok?"
like a plaid shirt and big unprescribed glasses, but ripped skinny jeans and tats

Hipster is things that only privileged people can get like "different" hairstyles and tattoos and things that would normally prevent you from getting a job because it somehow still works for hipsters

The guys I see it on are more of street style hip hop heads and exotic looking.
Original post by 0to100
Ok so you like men with long hair, what else lol
It's no diff than the pic I put up, the hair is just braided
This is typical hipster move
Because it's done to look stylish right? But it's also ridiculous like a grown man with a mohawk braid??
Is he not tryna get a job? lol only a hipster would think, hey let me grow my hair long and then cut only some of it off, and then braid it and then bun it rofl
If the guy had spots and was obese you wouldn't like it would you?

I like the braid it's cute. What's your hair like?
The guys I see it on are more of street style hip hop heads and exotic looking.

"hip hop heads"?
Which guys? Are they white? lol if you're white listening to hip hop you're normally accused of being a "chav"
Hipsters like all sorts of music because they try to be very liberal and so they sample everyone's culture and blend it with their own
I like the braid it's cute. What's your hair like?

I have like a buzzcut fade
Would you like the braid if it weren't a bun?
Original post by 0to100
"hip hop heads"?
Which guys? Are they white? lol if you're white listening to hip hop you're normally accused of being a "chav"
Hipsters like all sorts of music because they try to be very liberal and so they sample everyone's culture and blend it with their own

I don't know what chav means? A poser? Wannabe?. And I said exotic looking guys.
I don't know what chav means? A poser? Wannabe?. And I said exotic looking guys.

You said hip hop heads and exotic looking
Not, exotic looking hip hop heads
Err how do you not know chav? U british? It's used as a deragatory term for low class whites who show it with tough looking, tough talking, tough acting
Reply 27
Original post by 0to100
No the whole point is to look good, only a few people beautify themselves selflessly for art

It's not about cutting holes in your tongue so you look like a Lizard or sticking some rope up your arse so as to give yourself a tail! It's just about saying, 'here I am, I am an individual rather than a mindless follower!'... admittedly doing this doesn't get you laid but... :s-smilie:
Original post by 0to100
I have like a buzzcut fade
Would you like the braid if it weren't a bun?

Just cornrows? Yeah that would look nice too without the bun just as long as it was still shaved at the sides. A whole head of cornrows is too 2004. I think the one braid, or a couple is enough down the middle.
Original post by 0to100
You said hip hop heads and exotic looking
Not, exotic looking hip hop heads
Err how do you not know chav? U british? It's used as a deragatory term for low class whites who show it with tough looking, tough talking, tough acting

Oh we call those wiggers in Toronto lol
Reply 30
Always talking some kind of nonsense:tongue:

It's not nonsense, I'm just suggesting that if you haven't tried mountain climbing, then you should if you meet a guy with your desired hair cut/style because he would be a good companion for such an activity due to his improved ability to save you from a crevasse...
Just cornrows? Yeah that would look nice too without the bun just as long as it was still shaved at the sides. A whole head of cornrows is too 2004. I think the one braid, or a couple is enough down the middle.

So like a ponytail braid or just this...little braid that is too short to be bunned is what I mean lol
Oh we call those wiggers in Toronto lol

o toronto.......I've heard of wiggers and wanksters lol
we call them chavs, neds, yobs mainly. I've been subject to these accusations as well
Original post by 0to100
So like a ponytail braid or just this...little braid that is too short to be bunned is what I mean lol

Well if you don't wanna bun it what else can you do with. Prob just continuing braiding it into a pony.
Original post by John55
It's not about cutting holes in your tongue so you look like a Lizard or sticking some rope up your arse so as to give yourself a tail! It's just about saying, 'here I am, I am an individual rather than a mindless follower!'... admittedly doing this doesn't get you laid but... :s-smilie:

Nah nah nah setting these silly trends like being a grown man with a braid bun like a 5 yr old ballerina is essentially following
you're following the nonfollowers who all follow each other. It's ridiculous lol
I don't resort to that to get girls but it works for some ppl
Something scientifically gets many women into the whole long hair thing
Original post by 0to100
o toronto.......I've heard of wiggers and wanksters lol
we call them chavs, neds, yobs mainly. I've been subject to these accusations as well

Lmfao you been accused of being a wigger?
Well if you don't wanna bun it what else can you do with. Prob just continuing braiding it into a pony.

That's like this then

which ignoring that he's not an ugly fellow the hairstyle itself is a bit feminine, juvenile and metalhead
Reply 37
Original post by 0to100
Who cares about originality? It's about looking good and nearly everyone has that hairstyle because it looks good
Not this dude who has the hair of a Jamaican schoolgirl lmfao

Originality factors into looking good, pleb

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 0to100
Nah nah nah setting these silly trends like being a grown man with a braid bun like a 5 yr old ballerina is essentially following
you're following the nonfollowers who all follow each other. It's ridiculous lol
I don't resort to that to get girls but it works for some ppl
Something scientifically gets many women into the whole long hair thing

It's called trends. In fashion. Who said this style is for kids and what makes it for kids? Please, grown up can have fun hair dos. Sheesh shall we become boring as people and should I just cut my hair like them 50 year olds.
Original post by 0to100
That's like this then

which ignoring that he's not an ugly fellow the hairstyle itself is a bit feminine, juvenile and metalhead

That's ****ing ugly I don't like it long going down the back. Loool crying. What is that that thing.

Quick Reply

Latest