The Student Room Group

Is it acceptable to go to the cinema alone?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by trustmeimlying1
Yeh are a loner.

Hit me up anytime bbz xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

- lol thanks ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm a real film geek and one of my best friends is going to do film and media studies and uni and we often go alone. If one of us is busy then chances are the other one goes because it's an art form at the end of the day and it's fine to enjoy it together or in company
Original post by TK_23
Hi,

There's a few movies that look good this summer, but when I told people - most of them didn't like the movies, so I said "no worries I'll go by myself".
The horrified look on their faces !
"You can't go by yourself. You'll look like a complete weirdo".

Is it really that socially unacceptable ? 🙄

You should try finding someone...
Nope. Not that socially unacceptable. I know that at Cineworld, tons of ppl go alone with their Unlimited deal.

My friend goes to the cinema lane all the time. He isn't friendless or anything but just likes these indie movies noone likes.
Yes yes yes yes yes
If anything, the cinema is the best thing to do alone, because you'll be focused on watching a movie and you won't really have time to look at everyone else (otherwise, why pay £10 to not watch the movie?)
Reply 46
Original post by InadequateJusticex
If anything, the cinema is the best thing to do alone, because you'll be focused on watching a movie and you won't really have time to look at everyone else (otherwise, why pay £10 to not watch the movie?)

Very true!
Never let anything stop you doing what you enjoy. There's nothing worse than missing out simply because none of your friends want to go with you.
Original post by TK_23
Hi,

There's a few movies that look good this summer, but when I told people - most of them didn't like the movies, so I said "no worries I'll go by myself".
The horrified look on their faces !
"You can't go by yourself. You'll look like a complete weirdo".

Is it really that socially unacceptable ? 🙄

Reality check: it's not illegal; it's not immoral; it happens often enough to be described as normal/socially acceptable.

If you don't believe me & the others here, set yourself the practical goal of going to the cinema with your friends, but 100 metres before you reach the entrance separate, enter the cinema, sit on your own for the duration of the film, then meet them outside. Review how you felt.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending