The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

who is going to university of Nottingham next year?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Adrono
Yes it is. I believe the reason is that they've put me on some kind of "border line" list, waiting to see whether there are some places left to fill up before the 5th of May. I sent it on the 15th of January.

I'm thinking, however, to ask for a switch to a straight econ course in case they give me an offer - PPE doesn't seem to be so econ oriented like its Warwick analogue if you look at the modules, for instance. What's your opinion on that?

Did you apply after the deadline? Straight econ is apparently very competitive and so while I wouldn't think it's impossible, It's probably harder to switch to that than say industrial econ or philosophy and economics, for example. Best bet is to email the admissions team
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 41
Original post by blackdiamond97
Did you apply after the deadline? Straight econ is apparently very competitive and so while I wouldn't think it's impossible, It's probably harder to switch to that than say industrial econ or philosophy and economics, for example. Best bet is to email the admissions team

Well you see PPE has the same requirements as straight econ and they're both administrated by the school of economics, so unless they have serious issues with places I don't think it will be a problem. By the way no, I didn't apply after the deadline - but I did send them some of my previous grades which might be holding me back. (I'm Italian and previous grades don't matter so other unis didn't ask for those). If I put notts as my firm, what would you advice for insurance between UEA and Southampton? (Economics or PPE).
Reply 42
Original post by Ned Stark
90 to me? You got yourself a deal!

mate i always have the upper hand in any negotiation :P
Original post by Adrono
Well you see PPE has the same requirements as straight econ and they're both administrated by the school of economics, so unless they have serious issues with places I don't think it will be a problem. By the way no, I didn't apply after the deadline - but I did send them some of my previous grades which might be holding me back. (I'm Italian and previous grades don't matter so other unis didn't ask for those). If I put notts as my firm, what would you advice for insurance between UEA and Southampton? (Economics or PPE).

You should definitely email the school in that case, Notts didn't take nearly as long for me and I think other EU applicants, especially as they give out accommodation on a first come first serve basis for those who has firmed them only. I'm not too sure about the other two unis, but based on hearsay Southampton seems to be the better one
Original post by MevMev
mate i always have the upper hand in any negotiation :P

You know what, by the time we're at uni I'll be broke once all the expenses roll in. I'll take it m8
Reply 45
All the catered ensuites were gone, there's still loads of shared bathroom accomodiation left in UP. I really wanted an en-suite lol, hate sharing bathrooms with a passion

Do you really think that they'll not allow us to use the catering on UP? That's kinda mean if they don't, like fair enough I expect to pay more than you lucky people but still

You can't use the dining rooms in halls, but students on a catered plan use their university card to pay for meals at any of the catering outlets on campus, and If you are not in catered halls you can pay extra to have meals added onto your card, so you can eat at any of the cafes, bars and restaurants. You then get the same allowance as catered students. I'll post a link to the info page.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/hospitality/cafesrestaurantsbars/mealdeal.aspx

If you don't want to use the card you can just pay for what you have, when you have it, at any of the catering outlets.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MevMev
oh how come?
thats such a shame we won't be seeing u next year :frown:
where did u pick instead of Notts then ?

Ikr :frown: I picked Loughborough instead, Idk if I made the right choice tho tbh
Original post by justastudent321
Ikr :frown: I picked Loughborough instead, Idk if I made the right choice tho tbh

Great to hear you'll be joining us! If you haven't already, you can head over to our applicant forum to chat to others who will be joining next year.We look forward to welcoming you in September :smile:

Teresa
Reply 49
Hopefully me, still waiting to hear back :3
Reply 50
Original post by SS9410
Hopefully me, still waiting to hear back :3

Good Luck :biggrin:
What did u apply to study
Reply 51
You should definitely email the school in that case, Notts didn't take nearly as long for me and I think other EU applicants, especially as they give out accommodation on a first come first serve basis for those who has firmed them only. I'm not too sure about the other two unis, but based on hearsay Southampton seems to be the better one

Well, got rejected a couple of days ago; not surprised. I hope York PPE is just as (or almost) good :smile:. What do you think?
Reply 52
Original post by MevMev
Good Luck :biggrin:
What did u apply to study

Science with a foundation year, Im aiming for bio chemistry or medical physiology :biggrin:
Reply 53
Original post by SS9410
Science with a foundation year, Im aiming for bio chemistry or medical physiology :biggrin:

aah thats cool- would u do medicine after?
Reply 54
Original post by MevMev
aah thats cool- would u do medicine after?

Probably not since the goal is to be a Clinical Scientist :biggrin:
How about you?
Reply 55
Original post by SS9410
Probably not since the goal is to be a Clinical Scientist :biggrin:
How about you?

oh right hahaha what does the role of clinical scientist involve?:smile:
I imagine u could end up working alongside me I'm doing medicine
Reply 56
Original post by MevMev
oh right hahaha what does the role of clinical scientist involve?:smile:
I imagine u could end up working alongside me I'm doing medicine

haha its just researching and developing techniques and equipment used by people that work in medicine. After the 4 years I'll have to do a further 3 year STP with the NHS which gives me a masters at the end of it.
Its highly possible :biggrin:
Original post by Adrono
Well, got rejected a couple of days ago; not surprised. I hope York PPE is just as (or almost) good :smile:. What do you think?

Sorry to hear you've been rejected :frown: Although I didn't apply in the end, I really liked the look of their program and it's apparently seen to be one of their best degrees
Reply 58
See you all in September :biggrin:
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
I'm applying next year bebs. Decided not to this year. :smile:

Me too ! I have a place on the Adult Nursing course for 2017 :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending