The Student Room Group

Is there a difference between chicken tikka jalfrezi and chicken jalfrezi?

Random question I know but google search came up with no answers. I ask because I tried a chicken jalfrezi from my local Indian a few weeks back and enjoyed it, however they've now updated their menus and it's called chicken tikka jalfrezi. I don't like tikka sauce so I'm wondering if it's the same thing? I could always call and ask them but don't want to sound like an idiot.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by The Guro99
Random question I know but google search came up with no answers. I ask because I tried a chicken jalfrezi from my local Indian a few weeks back and enjoyed it, however they've now updated their menus and it's called chicken tikka jalfrezi. I don't like tikka sauce so I'm wondering if it's the same thing, I could always call and ask them but don't want to sound like an idiot.
One has plain chicken cooked in a jalfrezi style. The other has dry chicken pre-cooked in a tikka style (spiced-yoghurt marinated and oven baked chicken) added to the jalfrezi style spices as a replacement to the plain chicken. NB It's only the dry chicken-tikka pieces added to the jalfrezi sauce, leaving out the tikka sauce.
(edited 7 years ago)
Same difference between Chicken Tikka Masala and Chicken Tikka.
Original post by Dodgypirate

Chicken Tikka is dry, no sauce.

Chicken Tikka massalla has yoghurt/chilli/tomato puree (or at least the house variant on this) poured over it

Chicken tikka jalfrezi will have grilled marinated chicken used in the curry, whereas the chicken jalfrezi will use plain chicken.
Reply 4
Original post by uberteknik
One has plain chicken cooked in a jalfrezi style. The other has dry chicken pre-cooked in a tikka style (spiced-yoghurt marinated and oven baked chicken) added to the jalfrezi style spices as a replacement to the plain chicken. NB It's only the dry chicken-tikka pieces added to the jalfrezi sauce, leaving out the tikka sauce.

Original post by Dodgypirate
Thanks a lot that's good to hear, looks like I'll be ordering it again then!

Quick Reply

Latest