The Student Room Group

Physics AQA AS - 24th May 2016

3 weeks exactly left!
Nearly completed all revision, we have finished the syllabus in college.
how are you all finding it?
Any concerns?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Honestly i dont really know what to do for the exam. do u have any tips for revising or anything at all
Reply 2
Original post by SIZ99
Honestly i dont really know what to do for the exam. do u have any tips for revising or anything at all

How much revision have you completed? If you've gone over most things I would suggest you concentrate on Past paper questions and make sure you go over topics you are unsure about making sure you understand them and can base answers around them. For one of the papers practical knowledge is required, so look over the required practicals you have done in class
Have you done the unreleased specimen paper? I found it really difficult even though i've revised. The new papers seems to be nothing like the old spec past papers, which are a lot easier.
Reply 4
Original post by BioMan231
Have you done the unreleased specimen paper? I found it really difficult even though i've revised. The new papers seems to be nothing like the old spec past papers, which are a lot easier.

I haven't done it yet, I am doing it next week, although I have heard about it being harder than it should be. in fact, for the other science subjects, the specimen paper proved to be very difficult for many people, including me. I think its more applying what you know to a more difficult concept.
Original post by BioMan231

Hey mate - do you have this paper? Cheers
Original post by runningcat
I haven't done it yet, I am doing it next week, although I have heard about it being harder than it should be. in fact, for the other science subjects, the specimen paper proved to be very difficult for many people, including me. I think its more applying what you know to a more difficult concept.

Thats what every physics exam tests tbh. You just have to remember that any 'weird' questions/ situations they ask you about must ultimately be one of the simple situations you know how to model, you just have to work out which
Reply 7
Original post by samb1234
Thats what every physics exam tests tbh. You just have to remember that any 'weird' questions/ situations they ask you about must ultimately be one of the simple situations you know how to model, you just have to work out which

Physics in a nutshell to be honest, I don't know how exactly this is going to pan out
Original post by runningcat
3 weeks exactly left!
Nearly completed all revision, we have finished the syllabus in college.
how are you all finding it?
Any concerns?

I found the official exam paper really difficult compared to the other papers. Does anyone have access to the unreleased specimen paper? It would be really appreciated!

Any advice on preparing for the new exam style?
@fox corner :cyber:
Reply 10
Original post by munchkin1212
I found the official exam paper really difficult compared to the other papers. Does anyone have access to the unreleased specimen paper? It would be really appreciated!

Any advice on preparing for the new exam style?

What do you mean by official exam paper?
I think just revisiting over early topics and putting them into context to actually understand what you are doing so you aren't phased by the exam
Sorry, by official paper I mean the specimen paper.
Reply 12
Original post by munchkin1212
Sorry, by official paper I mean the specimen paper.

Oh, my class is doing it next week, wish us luck, for some reason I think we are going to need it, most who have done this paper haven't done well and our teachers said it was horrible too
Does anyone have a link or something to the unreleased specimen paper thanks
are their any good revision resources like websites or videos which would be helpful for revising this course?
Reply 15
does anyone know if we need to know the practical experiments for paper 1. Can they ask us to describe how to carry out experiments in paper 1 or is that in paper 2?
In a week now!! 😱

Posted from TSR Mobile
i am so nervous//// does anyone else feel like thye are going to fail :frown: :frown: :frown:
Reply 18
I really do not like this practical+multiple choice based exam. I've done the specimen papers and read through practicals but how else can I prepare for the practical part? Are there any other question papers that i could use for practice?
Reply 19
Original post by bitch.craft
i am so nervous//// does anyone else feel like thye are going to fail :frown: :frown: :frown:

unfortunately so

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending