The Student Room Group

Austria passes controversial new asylum law.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by Multiculturalism
By being islamophobic, you are helping Daesh (who want division between islam and non islam), so by your logic, you are a terrorist...

I've been anti religion all my life. I spit on the 3 Abrahamic religions for the Barbary they have inflicted on this earth. I'm not changing my views to appease to your Islamic terrorist friends
Original post by ivybridge
I didn't know being beautiful and a female made you a 'slut', did you @MrsSheldonCooper?

It must be the fact I don't have a shrivelled up root vegetable hanging off my body. :wink:
Original post by Start the Fire
I knew you had daddy issues, but I wasn't prepared for this!

She is 6/10 I've banged better

You can't even see her properly and beauty is subjective - she is nothing but what she wants to be. The only thing you've banged is a nail with a hammer; sign out.
Original post by Start the Fire
I knew you had daddy issues, but I wasn't prepared for this!

She is 6/10 I've banged better

Of course not sweetheart. I'm not that desperate remember?

Banged better? Oh dear I wonder how desperate they were.
Original post by BenC1997
Well, the content on this thread took somewhat of a nosedive in terms of quality.

Yeah, but it's nice to sit back and enjoy

Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Banged better? Oh dear I wonder how desperate they were.
They were not desperate

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by LaMandarine
Yeah, but it's nice to sit back and enjoy

They were not desperate

Spoiler

Or piss drunk
Its not inherited genetically, but the kids learn racism from their parents

Germany was very successfully de-Nazified after WW2, but we overlooked the need to de-Nazify other countries too. Lets not pretend that there weren't significant elements in europe and the us who supported the nazis: especially the finns, austrians, hungarians, americans, vichy french, etc.
in fact, Germany was not at all successfully de-Nazified after WW 2 (at least in its Western part), and neither were the countries you listed (except for Hungary) : as soon as the Cold War started, effective de-Nazification gradually stopped, since in the West all energy and political effort was concentrated against the main "enemy" (Communism)

In fact,it was not until the '80s and '90s that, as the Cold War subsided, prosecution against Nazi war criminals resumed in Western Europe and, most importantly, the general public realised the deep involvement with the Nazi occupiers that elites in certain countries had experienced, as well as the botched de-Nazification of the immediate post-war period (France is a good example for this)

However, neo-Nazi (and neo-Fascist) forces in Europe in the 50s-60s-70s were always at the margins of the system and never entered political mainstream : it was only with the consequences of globalisation (increased international competition from Asian countries, immigration, rise of unemployment) that right-wing populist parties started scoring electoral successes

If you want to call those parties "fascists", it means extending the scope of that definition to unreasonable extents . I asked you to give your definition of "fascists" : but you didn't.

So, I'll give you my impression : my impression is that, for you, fascists are all those who disagree with your vision of multicultural societies.

Best
By being islamophobic, you are helping Daesh.
by opposing Islam, we are defending our democratic values, secularism, and the very "multiculturalism" you so much appreciate

(by the way, we are also defending apostates, homosexuals, fornicators, adulterers etc worldwide : it is very sad that you cannot realise this).
Original post by mariachi
we are also defending fornicators, adulterers etc worldwide

Out of all the people you could claim to be defending, you chose these?

Yes, because despite cheating not being nice, being stoned to death is not nice either.
I don't see how this at all proves anything I have said wrong? In fact, you are rather agreeing with me. As such, I don't quite understand the first sentence.

a). And he can't. They will go through Greece, through other countries, or will live in Camps because they can't go any further, as has happened in Calais. This is because once there, what can the countries do with them? Accommodate or leave them and if they leave them, they have a human rights issue on their hands that nobody wants to be smeared with.

Sorry. You are of course right, I more or less just wrote that because I hate Merkel.

But anyway, the point I was making is: there are too many. And that is true. You can't deny that. Germany received 1 million migrants last year. Even if it is less and less over the next two years, if nothing is done to curb the numbers it will easily be another million over the next two years. 2 million people. 80 million live there - that is 2.5% of the population. That is far from insignificant. That is too much. Just watch some documentaries (I am German so I have seen these and seen things first hand). There are surprisingly many people who care and want to help. But there are just not enough people to teach language and culture courses, to help these people find jobs, homes. It is also a bureaucratic nightmare. I mean most of them just sit in shelters and that's it. They are stuck there, not even able to integrate even if they wanted to.

b). You are manipulating what I said here to suit your own argument. I made that comment in relation to what was being discussed. Do not use gay marriage - I might be gay but these issues are not of interest to me. Banging on about gay marriage or gay rights won't help your debate. The gay marriage comment anyway, is not relevant for the reason given in my second sentence. It is out of context entirely. Islam is not resistant to change, particular Islamic countries are. Change comes everywhere eventually. Many muslims do not conform to the rules laid down in Islamic countries; my best friend and his family are devout muslims yet have been the most accepting of my sexuality out of everybody I have met to date apart from another friend and her family but then her father is a labour politician so it was expected. Anyway, digressions. You are moving away from the actualities of the debate, again, to suit your own point of view. You are talking about Islam in general, not muslims. Islamic countries may appear resistant, it does not mean your average muslim is. I haven't met a single muslim I've had an issue with or who seems to be backward, in my 18 years on this planet. I think you're being totally warped by fear and media coverage of events. It's not that you're ignoring reality or even disagreeing with it, it's that you don't know what it actually is. As you have mentioned, you are talking about the Islamic ideology, which is not wholly relevant because it is the muslims that we are dealing with, not the Islamic concept. Again, the final point is just not relevant. We have huge muslim populations who don't act in such a backward way. In my opinion, it's about the chance being given. Everything you're saying is true in itself but at the end of the day, this issue has been covered by things I have already said. If they do not integrate or conduct themselves in distasteful ways, they will be dealt with in accordance with Western values and laws. That's all there is to it. Your concern is irrational.

Sorry, but I just disagree. Look at some Muslim countries. They still have say chopping off of hands for thieves. I don't want to argue this part anymore with you, because to me it is blatantly obvious that Muslim countries are much, much more resistant to change than Western countries. In fact, that is the crux of our differences.

Though I do want to point out in regard to your friend accepting your sexuality - I keep saying Islam and not Muslims. Because yes, I know there are Muslims out there who are flexible. But my point is the religion itself (much like Christianity) is not. In fact it is incredibly inflexible. And all I am saying is that unlike in West, the religion has a much bigger social, cultural, moral and general impact on how things are run. Again, the Church did have this, too, in the past and I would argue against that as well. But not anymore.

The last part, well I disagree. I find it funny that you call my fear irrational. That implies void of logic. Here is some logic for you. Look at how things work in Muslim countries. I can see how it is, I can even experience it (I have been to a Muslim country). I can then say to myself, "this is not what I want, these norms and values are not ones I can accept". Then I can say that I do not want a sudden influx of these people, many of which will not integrate (because it is not possible given a) above, and sorry but a) needs to be closed, it is fact there are too many to handle, everyone involved in actually helping these people is saying it), and the more and more of them they are, the higher the likely that, coupled with the fact that they have higher birth rates, over time the proportion of Muslims will increase. And with that comes that over time more and more of their norms and culture is accepted. I do not want that, I can see what that would be like. There is nothing irrational about it. Not to mention it's already happening. There are Turkish areas in Germany where girls are not sent to school and don't even speak German. It is my right as a citizen of the country to say that that is unacceptable. It is not irrational.

Finally, in the Koran it states that infidel are lesser people. I am an infidel. Do you really think it is irrational to think that is unacceptable? And even if the majority of people will ignore that part, there will be enough that don't.

I find it highly irritating that you accuse me of being rational. I am an incredibly logical person and not irrational at all.

c).

I disagree. Political Correctness is not as bad as people make it out to be. It's just like the free speech debate - people do not understand what constitutes free speech and cannot demarcate between what is going beyond the boundaries of free speech and what is not, what becomes hate and what is okay.

c) meh, whatever.

PC - you are wrong. Politicians are afraid of offending people or being labelled racists so they don't bring up issues. They hush issues up - please, read up about Cologne at New Years and how police and politicians and the media tried to hush it up. Then tell me again PC isn't bad. Bah bah black sheep. Omg you are racist. Sorry what? In my mind, anyone who agrees with banning things like that because they could be considered racist is a moron.

Stephen Fry comes to mind here,
It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what."If we tip-toed around everyone and everything, we couldn't say anything anymore, because somewhere, someone will be offended by it.

this is what I posted
mariachi

by opposing Islam, we are defending our democratic values, secularism, and the very "multiculturalism" you so much appreciate

(by the way, we are also defending apostates, homosexuals, fornicators, adulterers etc worldwide : it is very sad that you cannot realise this).

and this is how you "doctored" my post

mariachi

we are also defending fornicators, adulterers etc worldwide
in particuylar, as anyone can see, you took out from my post (without indicating it) "apostates and homosexuals". Tsk, tsk.

Also : you seem therefore to agree with me that apostates and homosexuals need to be defended, but object to protecting the rest. Why do you want to protect apostates and homosexuals, but not "fornicators and adulterers" ? are apostates and homosexuals more worthy of protection from wannabe "shariah implementers" than fornicators and adulterers ?

Do you perhaps think that flogging fornicators and stoning adulterers is some kind of "progressive", "multicultural" justice ? what sort of warped political correctness are you subscribing to ?

best
Wanting to destroy fascism is not fascist, by definition.
what total nonsense

you are free of course to oppose ideas you don't like, but as to "destroying" anything, in our countries any opinion is free within the limits set by the law

and this is the basis of our society : calling opinions you don't like "fascist" or ("nazi") doesn't allow anyone to "destroy " them (which would be a very fascist thing to do)

luckily
(edited 7 years ago)
I know this isn't really relevant but why is it ok for old people to migrate to Spain for example, while not being able to speak Spanish, or not getting a job.

Also, why are they called 'ex-pats' and not immigrants.
Political Correctness is not as bad as people make it out to be.
you are right. It's worse.
It's just like the free speech debate - people do not understand what constitutes free speech and cannot demarcate between what is going beyond the boundaries of free speech and what is not, what becomes hate and what is okay.
it is not up to people to decide on this : this is what the law and courts are there for
Original post by Dom2375
why is it ok for old people to migrate to Spain for example, while not being able to speak Spanish, or not getting a job.
because they enter the country legally. EU citizens have freedom of establishment within the EU (this could of course change if Brexit takes place...)

also, while they do not work, they spend their pensions there, and Spaniards are quite happy about that

also (if we want to go slightly deeper) there is usually less of a cultural gap than with other categories of migrants

Original post by Dom2375
you can call them whatever you like
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 116
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Good on Austria!

sell out!!1
Original post by mariachi
Why do you want to protect apostates and homosexuals, but not "fornicators and adulterers" ? are apostates and homosexuals more worthy of protection from wannabe "shariah implementers" than fornicators and adulterers ?

Do you perhaps think that flogging fornicators and stoning adulterers is some kind of "progressive", "multicultural" justice ?

They are universally recognised as immoral acts.No, but they are bringing it on themselves, aren't they? You could also argue that about apostates, but in that case it is not considered immoral in the West, so that's why I 'doctored' your post and left them out.
They are universally recognised as immoral acts.
you must be living on a different planet
No, but they are bringing it on themselves, aren't they?
what utter nonsense. If I were not opposed to physical punishments, I would advocate that people who support such views be severely flogged : they are bringing it on themselves, aren't they ?
you could also argue that about apostates, but in that case it is not considered immoral in the West, so that's why I 'doctored' your post and left them out.
you are not allowed to "doctor" someone else's post. Selective quoting is bad enough, but to not even indicate it (at least, by inserting : (...) where you leave out words) is downright dishonest

On the subject : you should be aware that pre-marital sex is very much the norm in Western societies, and that, even if some people may take strong views against adultery, it is no longer a crime in any European country. Among the last Western European countries to repeal their laws were Italy (1969), Malta (1973), Luxembourg (1974), France (1975), Spain (1978), Portugal (1982), Greece (1983), Belgium (1987), Switzerland (1989), and Austria (1997) (the former Communist countries had abolished them long ago).

With regard to international public opinion on adultery "The UN Working Group on Discrimination against women in law and in practice has issued a call to Governments to repeal laws criminalizing adultery . The Working Group notes that the enforcement of such laws leads to discrimination and violence against women in law and in practice." https://www.google.be/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjHitiXnrLMAhUEApoKHamXAIUQFggcMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ohchr.org%2FDocuments%2FIssues%2FWomen%2FWG%2FBackgroundNoteAdultery.doc&usg=AFQjCNGjjAo3PilJWbu1DcMCtVthTJ5aZw&sig2=BfQaIewzWgEFf5f9cK0p_g

Whatever one may think about adultery, adulterers , in some parts of the world, are very much in need of protection.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Dom2375
I know this isn't really relevant but why is it ok for old people to migrate to Spain for example, while not being able to speak Spanish, or not getting a job.

Expatriate comes from the latin ex and patria. Out of the fatherland.

Quick Reply