The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE science

Hi everyone,

I'm happy to help anyone with any unit for AQA GCSE science. If you have any questions or need help with any topic, just ask me and I'll do my best to help you understand that particular topic. Help with Chemistry, Physics and Biology for unit 1, 2 and 3. :smile:
Reply 1
Did you take the 2015 paper 2 additional science paper? For double scientists
Reply 2
Original post by Jxrgezxk
Did you take the 2015 paper 2 additional science paper? For double scientists

Do you mean the 2015 unit 2 paper? If so there's a seperate paper for Chemistry, Physics and Biology? (C2, P2 and B2).
Reply 3
No, that's for triple science. If you do triple, you have 9 exams, 3 for each subject. I'm doing double so have 2 core and 2 additional papers -- all sciences mixed into each paper
Reply 4
No, that's for triple science. If you do triple, you have 9 exams, 3 for each subject. I'm doing double so have 2 core and 2 additional papers -- all sciences mixed into each paper

Ah I see, sorry about that. I'm doing triple but the content is more or less the same, right?
Reply 5
Yep pretty much. Basically I've done my core in year 10 & have my additional. It is the same - just all in 2 exams instead of 3! Do you know what the possibilities for the 6 markers could be?
Reply 6
Yep pretty much. Basically I've done my core in year 10 & have my additional. It is the same - just all in 2 exams instead of 3! Do you know what the possibilities for the 6 markers could be?

Yes I do but I'll let you know tomorrow OK just quote me in case I forget to post, like I have C2, P2, B2 predictions but hopefully they help. :smile:
Reply 7

Hi which ones would you like?
I can explain any topic
Yes i need help with all of physics. My teacher is a plank so i know nothinggg
Reply 9
Original post by sfaraj
Yes i need help with all of physics. My teacher is a plank so i know nothinggg

OK I can help you but is there any specific Physics topic or a particular unit or would you just like me to explain the topics in the order of the specification?

In P1 the first topic is Infrared Radiation then kinetic theory so would you like help with that or is there any particular topic in Physics?

Thanks
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi could you help me on the topic of mains electricity. I can't get my head round it.

Isn't it 12 because I thought you have to do ISA's too?
Reply 12
Original post by Adilpatel
Hi could you help me on the topic of mains electricity. I can't get my head round it.

Hi

Sorry for the delayed response. I can indeed help you with mains electricity. I shall write something for you now.
Reply 13

Spoiler

Hi @Adilpatel

All appliances get their energy from the electrical currrent.

You need to be able to calculate the current that different appliances need. You can find this by using the following equation:

Current (A) = power (W) / potential difference (V)

Remember the units as you will not be given these in the exam. Current is measured in Amperes (A), Power is measured in Watts (W) and Potential difference is measured in Volts (V).

I can show you the triangle too if you want.

Remember that in the UK, the potential difference (V) of the mains electricity supply is 230 volts. So appliances that use a high power will also need a high current.

If you'd like me to give you an example question and explain how to do it, please let me know. If you have any questions, please ask me.

Remember the facts I've mentioned above and the units, this is very important. Make flashcards if it helps you to memorise something. Hope this helps. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest