The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Uni is fine for me. the fact it annoys you makes it quite funny. Maube stick your fingers in your ears and poke your eyes out as I don't see anyone stopping anytime soon. Rage on OP.
Original post by Mojo Banjo
Basically, as someone with an extremely powerful brain, I find it annoying.

And its invariably highly talkative short girls in their early twenties with MacBooks, holding a costa that come up to you and start nattering about "uni".

Its University, my friends.

Not "Cambridge Uni" SMH

MOJOBANJO has spoken.

Uni = clipping of the word university. And can you please refer to "SMH" as shaking my head instead of abbreviating it?
Your mum has a university brow.
Reply 23
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Security breach?

Only if someone mentions UNI.
Reply 24
Original post by Rhythmical
Uni = clipping of the word university. And can you please refer to "SMH" as shaking my head instead of abbreviating it?

Its ok to abbreviate a phrase like shake my head because the original phrase is mainly used by teenagers and internet trolls.

But when I tell people I went to 'Cambridge University' I'm not going to shorten it to 'Cambridge Uni'.
Original post by Ned Stark
Your mum has a university brow.

I get to work every day on my electric university cycle :teehee:
Its ok to abbreviate a phrase like shake my head because the original phrase is mainly used by teenagers and internet trolls.

But when I tell people I went to 'Cambridge University' I'm not going to shorten it to 'Cambridge Uni'.

That is possibly the ****test logic I've ever seen.

It's peoples' choices, it's the way they say it so I suggest don't get yourself worked up about it.
I literally HATEEEEE it when people call it America, it's the United State of America!!! SMH :s-smilie::s-smilie: such idiots!!!!!!! Even my servant Jeeves calls it by its correct name!!!!!!!

Lmao get a grip, why is a shortened word bothering you so much:biggrin:
Original post by Davalla
I'll get a grip of your throat sonny boy.
:tongue:

I'd love to see you try.

Nobody is asking you to, but they tend to resent it when you tell them what they can and can't say.
Completely agree.

"Uni" makes me cringe, and people who say it can take the piss out of us, who use the actual word, all they like; the fact is they are displaying the expanding stupidity and laziness of the human race as well as the demolition of the English langauge.
hate uni

You should shorten it to 'no-one cares', and save yourself the trouble of waiting for their reply.
That's why you and I ended over U.N.I </3
Original post by george_c00per
I literally HATEEEEE it when people call it America, it's the United State of America!!! SMH :s-smilie::s-smilie: such idiots!!!!!!! Even my servant Jeeves calls it by its correct name!!!!!!!

The wrong usage of the word "literally". Now, that's something to get pissed off about
I think that uni'd to chill.
Reply 37
I chundered everywhere reading this.
oh, get a grip. :toofunny:
Reply 39
Original post by spv
I chundered everywhere reading this.

literallyyyyyy chundddereeddddd

im not one of those tbh

I just like people using proper words

Latest