The Student Room Group

Pure Maths: C1-C4 and Chemistry

Hi, I hope you're all well.
Quick question; is it possible for me to 'up' the scores I get in C1-C4 (AQA)?
I normally get around 65+ out of 75, but I'd like to be scoring 100% or thereabouts in raw marks. Seeing others scoring that high also puts me under pressure.

C2 and C4 are probably my weakest.
I can tend to get around 71/75 in C1 and similar in C3.

Days left until exams:
C1 - 20
C2 - 27
C3 - 48
C4 - 50

Is it possible in this time span?
And if so, any tips?

Also, I mark quite harshly when I do past papers. Yet, when I do these same papers in college, my mind just goes blank and scores lower.
I don't understand why?
In college exams, the papers seem foreign even though i've done so many past papers and when we go through them the next day, I feel like a complete idiot.

And if anyone does chemistry (OCR), any tips for that would be greatly appreciated too.
Thanks!
Original post by chanda01
Hi, I hope you're all well.
Quick question; is it possible for me to 'up' the scores I get in C1-C4 (AQA)?
I normally get around 65+ out of 75, but I'd like to be scoring 100% or thereabouts in raw marks. Seeing others scoring that high also puts me under pressure.

C2 and C4 are probably my weakest.
I can tend to get around 71/75 in C1 and similar in C3.

Days left until exams:
C1 - 20
C2 - 27
C3 - 48
C4 - 50

Is it possible in this time span?
And if so, any tips?

Also, I mark quite harshly when I do past papers. Yet, when I do these same papers in college, my mind just goes blank and scores lower.
I don't understand why?
In college exams, the papers seem foreign even though i've done so many past papers and when we go through them the next day, I feel like a complete idiot.

And if anyone does chemistry (OCR), any tips for that would be greatly appreciated too.
Thanks!

Some things that may or may not help:

1. Do questions twice with different methods where possible.

2. Be confident. If you get stuck just remember that you have prepared properly and have the knowledge to answer anything, you just need to take a step back and determine which skill you have can be applied to that particular question.

3. Don't worry what other people do, it is you sitting your exams not them so who cares what brian the boffin is getting in past papers.

4. Make sure you know every topic in detail.

5. Relax and look forward to the summer.
Reply 2
Thanks! Anyone else?

Quick Reply

Latest