The Student Room Group

Mother accidentally shot dead by 2 year old son

Scroll to see replies

Natural selection.

Posted from TSR Mobile
So is the father getting prison time since it's his gun or is he bailing out on his responsibility to care for his kids?

"I have a knot in my chest. They won't even let me see my daughter. I wanted to hold my daughter for one last time."

One last time makes it sound like he won't see her again...I wouldn't have thought she'd go into care since this is a tragic accident.
Reply 22
Original post by XOR_
Ban guns or ban babies, you can't have both.

Controversially, I support a crack-down on baby ownership.
She was dumb enough to leave her gun lying around, and she paid the price for it.
Original post by DiddyDec
Natural selection.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep.
Original post by L i b
Controversially, I support a crack-down on baby ownership.

Like eugenics? Bit scary, no?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SirMilkSheikh
She was dumb enough to leave her gun lying around, and she paid the price for it.

From what I understand it was 'his' gun. So there is nothing to say whether she knew there was a loaded gun in the back seat or not. She is a victim, as is the child.

Only in 'Murica.
It wasn't an accident, it was entirely the parents fault.
(edited 7 years ago)
im going to hell for laughing
My first thought upon seeing the title of the thread was "This was in America, wasn't it..."
kid's life is already ruined now, no hope for him
He'll grow up knowing he killed his mum
TBH considering how many handguns there are in American homes I am amazed this doesn't happen waaay more often.
Ironically I suppose that is proof of general gun security.
Reply 32
Original post by KatieBlogger
Like eugenics? Bit scary, no?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, eugenics suggests I favour one sort of baby over the other. I dislike them all equally.
Reply 33
Original post by otester
It wasn't an accident, it was entirely the parents fault.

Just because someone's done something stupid in the run up doesn't mean an unpleasant event isn't an accident.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending