The Student Room Group

Who else is SUPER nervous about exams?

I was petrified going into the mocks so God knows what I'm gonna be like in the real thing.

I know GCSEs aren't the most important exams in the world, but they are the formal exams I've ever done so I'm just worried...

Anyone else?

Scroll to see replies

All of us tbh
Reply 2
Yup,im super nervous D:
I could do with another few months to revise!
ME!!! Mine start on the 18th...lucky that I dont have any that clash or on the same day apart from science...
Original post by k.m.b
Yup,im super nervous D:
I could do with another few months to revise!

Same here!! I dont know where the time is running to..!! LOL
Original post by romansholiday
I was petrified going into the mocks so God knows what I'm gonna be like in the real thing.

I know GCSEs aren't the most important exams in the world, but they are the formal exams I've ever done so I'm just worried...

Anyone else?

will be in about 3 years time when the curriculum changes so there's no AS levels. Then all you can apply to uni's for are your GCSE's
Original post by thefatone
will be in about 3 years time when the curriculum changes so there's no AS levels. Then all you can apply to uni's for are your GCSE's

3 years? That's happening now already right? I have friends doing reformed a-levels already, skipping AS. I'm pretty sure some of my a-levels are reformed, too
Original post by caitlinford3
3 years? That's happening now already right? I have friends doing reformed a-levels already, skipping AS. I'm pretty sure some of my a-levels are reformed, too

Is it? well i think it depends what board you're doing, for example i've got a maths AS this year and i'm using the edexcel board
Original post by thefatone
Is it? well i think it depends what board you're doing, for example i've got a maths AS this year and i'm using the edexcel board

Yeah maths hasn't reformed in the sixth form I'm looking at. I think it varies for different schools. A lot of schools have reformed and a lot haven't / only have for some subjects - but yeah I'm pretty sure that change has already started
Reply 9
Original post by romansholiday

Anyone else?

Me too.
Original post by caitlinford3
Yeah maths hasn't reformed in the sixth form I'm looking at. I think it varies for different schools. A lot of schools have reformed and a lot haven't / only have for some subjects - but yeah I'm pretty sure that change has already started

Maths A level does not reform till 2017. I applied to sixth form to study Maths from 2016 and sixth form college said I won't be affected by the changes in Maths although I would be with the three sciences.
Same. Anyone else got English Language exam on the 3rd May? It's my first and it's this Tuesday...
About 3 weeks till my exams start and I'm still not freaking out. :/
Original post by Tinka99
Maths A level does not reform till 2017. I applied to sixth form to study Maths from 2016 and sixth form college said I won't be affected by the changes in Maths although I would be with the three sciences.

Yay! [NOT.] I'm just in time for the new GCSE English and Maths...
Now new A-Level Maths too... great

Got my Biology Unit 2 mock exam tomorrow... so nervous
Original post by psych2113
Same. Anyone else got English Language exam on the 3rd May? It's my first and it's this Tuesday...

Me :smile:
2nd year University student here checking in.

I am terrified and seriously unprepared.
Original post by RamPaigeTheSky
Yay! [NOT.] I'm just in time for the new GCSE English and Maths...
Now new A-Level Maths too... great

Got my Biology Unit 2 mock exam tomorrow... so nervous

Yes true but count yourself lucky you only have to do the new spec with Maths and English only the current year 9's have to take the new spec in all the subjects. I have the do the new A level specs with Biology, Chemistry, and Physics which reformed 2015 not too excited with that as the old A level specs were much easier.

Really I do feel blessed to be a 1999 born because I don't have to take those new horrible GCSEs.

I am more nervous and petrified as the real GCSE exams 2016 start 16th May literally 17 more days left.
Original post by Tinka99
Yes true but count yourself lucky you only have to do the new spec with Maths and English only the current year 9's have to take the new spec in all the subjects. I have the do the new A level specs with Biology, Chemistry, and Physics which reformed 2015 not too excited with that as the old A level specs were much easier.

Really I do feel blessed to be a 1999 born because I don't have to take those new horrible GCSEs.

I am more nervous and petrified as the real GCSE exams 2016 start 16th May literally 17 more days left.

Wow! Good luck in your exams!!!!
Original post by RamPaigeTheSky
Wow! Good luck in your exams!!!!

Thank you and wish you all the luck with Biology unit 2.
Original post by Tinka99
Thank you and wish you all the luck with Biology unit 2.

Thanks!!! I'm sure you'll ace those exams!

Quick Reply

Latest