The Student Room Group

extended diploma health and social care

Hello I am currently on my second year studying the BTEC extended diploma in health and social care. I have completed around 140 hours of placement in my first year, but this year I am really not enjoying my placement so I just stopped going. The specification says that I need to complete 200 hours of placement overall. I was wondering what happens if you stop attending placement? Will I fail the course and have wasted 2 years??.

Thanks.
Original post by charsti
Hello I am currently on my second year studying the BTEC extended diploma in health and social care. I have completed around 140 hours of placement in my first year, but this year I am really not enjoying my placement so I just stopped going. The specification says that I need to complete 200 hours of placement overall. I was wondering what happens if you stop attending placement? Will I fail the course and have wasted 2 years??.

Thanks.

In my course it's only 100 hours but my tutors say that if you don't do the minimum hours you will fail, regardless of how well you do with your coursework.
Original post by charsti

Thanks.

You should talk to your teacher about how you are feeling. If you don't complete the required hours at your placement, then you will either fail the course or only achieve a partial qualification. The placement is just as important as the assignment component of your course. It is possible to change your placement however and you should speak to your placement supervisor about this.
Reply 3
Original post by Powersymphonia
You should talk to your teacher about how you are feeling. If you don't complete the required hours at your placement, then you will either fail the course or only achieve a partial qualification. The placement is just as important as the assignment component of your course. It is possible to change your placement however and you should speak to your placement supervisor about this.

Thanks!
Reply 4
Original post by mightyduck999
In my course it's only 100 hours but my tutors say that if you don't do the minimum hours you will fail, regardless of how well you do with your coursework.

Thanks!
I am doing this course. The amount of hours is for one of the assignments. And I think it's one of the big ones which add up to a lot of points. Tell your tutors how you feel. Get it sorted :smile: hope you are okay. There is gonna be a placement we don't enjoy. I guess it's life. I'm always here if you wanna chat.
Reply 6
Original post by futurenurse99
I am doing this course. The amount of hours is for one of the assignments. And I think it's one of the big ones which add up to a lot of points. Tell your tutors how you feel. Get it sorted :smile: hope you are okay. There is gonna be a placement we don't enjoy. I guess it's life. I'm always here if you wanna chat.

Aww thanks for the advice :smile:
hi im doing an assignment related to my placement, unit 44 last task. if there is anyone who achieved the merit and dinstinction please would you help me out im stuck,

Quick Reply

Latest