The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University of Liverpool vs University of Kent

Having a hard time deciding between these two universities. Any insight into these unis?
Original post by ilysvm
Having a hard time deciding between these two universities. Any insight into these unis?

I'm at Liverpool! What subject is this for? :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 2
Original post by Changing Skies
I'm at Liverpool! What subject is this for? :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

International Business :smile: What is the university like as a whole? as well as the city?
Reply 3
Based on reputation Liverpool definitely outweighs Kent.

However go to the open days for both and find which you prefer.
Reply 4
Original post by Cobalt_

They're just both so different so its super hard to decide what i want. Do you happen to go to Liverpool?
Original post by Cobalt_

Do you live in a cave?

Kent is WAY higher than Liverpool and more prestige.

http://www.theguardian.com/education/ng-interactive/2015/may/25/university-league-tables-2016

Kent is 16.
Liverpool 59.

:K:
Original post by RomanKing
Do you live in a cave?

http://www.theguardian.com/education/ng-interactive/2015/may/25/university-league-tables-2016

Kent is 16.
Liverpool 59.

This is the guardian...you trust a table that lists Surrey and Lancaster over UCL and LSE??
Reply 7
Do you live in a cave?

Kent is 16.
Liverpool 59.

The same league table which ranks Sussex over Oxford and Cambridge for physical sciences.

Liverpool from an international level is extremely more prestigious. They're a russell group for a reason.
Reply 8
Original post by ilysvm
They're just both so different so its super hard to decide what i want. Do you happen to go to Liverpool?

I dont but I have a few friends there and they like it (granted they do science subjects so it will be different)

Go to both and check them out for yourself. However in terms of rank/prestige/international rep Liverpool is better.
Reply 9
Original post by infairverona
This is the guardian...you trust a table that lists Surrey and Lancaster over UCL and LSE??

Aha! I found a better one, For accounting and finance Coventry beats UCL.

Oh you have to love the Guardian.
Original post by Cobalt_
Aha! I found a better one, For accounting and finance Coventry beats UCL.

Oh you have to love the Guardian.

I had a look at my subject (Law) and it said Brighton was higher than Southampton...what does it rank on? It's so odd
Reply 11
Original post by Cobalt_
I dont but I have a few friends there and they like it (granted they do science subjects so it will be different)

Go to both and check them out for yourself. However in terms of rank/prestige/international rep Liverpool is better.

I see thank you :smile:

Surely they wouldn't have such a big gap if they were wrong about it.
I would choose kent since Canterbury is nicer than Liverpool, but no doubt Liverpool is the more prestigious uni
Surely they wouldn't have such a big gap if they were wrong about it.

The Guardian is infamous for its bizarre league tables. Surrey and Lancaster are great unis but they don't come close to UCL and LSE (I have no bias here, haven't gone to any of these unis) I think this league table uses different criteria than the others which is why the results come out so bizarrely
Reply 15
Original post by TercioOfParma
I would choose kent since Canterbury is nicer than Liverpool, but no doubt Liverpool is the more prestigious uni

They're both very different places which makes it hard to compare aha. So hard to choose
I had a look at my subject (Law) and it said Brighton was higher than Southampton...what does it rank on? It's so odd

Your guess is as good as mine. Probably just pick names from a hat.
Original post by Cobalt_
Your guess is as good as mine. Probably just pick names from a hat.

It does look that way I have to say!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending