The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Deyesy
I just want to reassure you that posts are only 'deleted' if they go against our guidelines and even then we try and edit them so they can stay :smile:

I know that's why they get deleted, I'm not blaming anybody. It's just upsetting when all you want to do is be open and honest and get some advice from somebody who understand to find you have to take it down but I do understand why. Just frustrating
Original post by Tw1x
I know that's why they get deleted, I'm not blaming anybody. It's just upsetting when all you want to do is be open and honest and get some advice from somebody who understand to find you have to take it down but I do understand why. Just frustrating

You could always/post to see if anyone doesn't mind being PM'd about things you'd like to talk about? :smile:
Reply 122
Original post by Deyesy
You could always/post to see if anyone doesn't mind being PM'd about things you'd like to talk about? :smile:

Would be an option if anybody actually replied... :tongue:
Original post by Tw1x
Would be an option if anybody actually replied... :tongue:

People tend to post on this thread if they need a place to vent/aren't feeling too good themselves so aren't always in the right place mentally to reply to posts so I'd try not to take it to heart :smile: Easier said than done I know :console:
Original post by Airmed
Good luck! :hugs:

Thanks! Really hoping I can get a high A and therefore drag up my C average to a B. :crossedf: Unlikely though.

Good luck to you for tomorrow too!
Original post by Deyesy
People tend to post on this thread if they need a place to vent/aren't feeling too good themselves so aren't always in the right place mentally to reply to posts so I'd try not to take it to heart :smile: Easier said than done I know :console:

You're spot on here. :yep:

Original post by Sabertooth
Thanks! Really hoping I can get a high A and therefore drag up my C average to a B. :crossedf: Unlikely though.

Good luck to you for tomorrow too!

We all have faith in you! Thanks. :hugs:
Spoke to the doctor today about my sleep issues that I've been having lately. Started to go into a thing about my problems and I basically got brushed off and said that its "normal" to have periods like this.

The forty minute delay probably didn't help, I set myself up to talk about it all and to be brushed off like that has just made me feel like ****.

:hide:
Finished my last essay - just handed it into uni - second year officially finished! :smile:
Reply 128
Sick of crying now.
Work are being amazing, my family is being amazing. And just gahh all i seem to be good at right now is crying
Original post by moment of truth
Does anyone else feel like they don't fit in anywhere? Be it on TSR or in real life, I don't fit in anywhere. I have tried so hard at uni with friendships (and other things) and I only really have one friend (at uni) that I completely trust, although I don't feel comfortable talking to him about everything cause he is very 'on point' and doesn't really see it from my point of view. There are a few others that I talk to, but they have constantly let me down and so I tend to keep my distance from them now. TSR is similar, too.

Same here. I guess the way to think about it is that nobody fits in, everybody just pretends to fit in, makes themselves fit in.

And nobody to confide in when the going gets tough. :frown:That's just the way it is with people, everybody just wants you when you're happy.
Feel horrible tbh
Original post by Airmed
You have to just devote a lot more time to it. Take regular breaks and don't overwork yourself but it will take longer than usual. I handed in essays while psychotic so I understand. :hugs:

I had three exams in one week and a speech to deliver for my whole year class.. When it came to speech day, I totally freaked out and had a panic attack in front of everyone... I just cried for hourssss.... non-stop. I totally failed myself.. I still so bad when I think about it, I'm always on the verge of tears
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by bullettheory
Finished my last essay - just handed it into uni - second year officially finished! :smile:

Congrats!!
Original post by RamPaigeTheSky
I had three exams in one week and a speech to deliver for my whole year class.. When it came to speech day, I totally freaked out and had a panic attack in front of everyone... I just cried for hourssss.... non-stop. I totally failed myself.. I still so bad when I think about it, I'm always on the verge of tears

Oh that sounds so awful. Sorry you went through that! :console:

I have to participate in a group presentation for the final of one of my modules. I am so worried I'll do what you did. :colondollar: I haven't given a presentation in over 10 years.
Original post by Sabertooth
Oh that sounds so awful. Sorry you went through that! :console:

I have to participate in a group presentation for the final of one of my modules. I am so worried I'll do what you did. :colondollar: I haven't given a presentation in over 10 years.

I'm sure you'll be fine.. I was under so much stress then and I was in my depressive-season then [I have Bipolar Disorder] GOOD LUCK!!!
Original post by RamPaigeTheSky
Congrats!!

Thanks!

Original post by PandaWho
Sick of crying now.
Work are being amazing, my family is being amazing. And just gahh all i seem to be good at right now is crying

Here if you wanna talk Panda :hugs:
Original post by Tw1x
This. Nobody ever even seems to reply to me on here any more, either that or my posts get deleted. All's I want is somebody to talk to about things and feel a little normal

I wasn't really talking about the MHSS, but more the rest of TSR. Yeah, there are times on MHSS where I haven't received replies, but the majority of the time people have been incredibly supportive. Everyone on here goes through their own difficulties and sometimes supporting someone else can be extremely tough, especially if you don't really know what they are going through.

There have been a few times when I want to reply to someone, but don't because I am afraid that I will just make the person feel worse and I wouldn't be able to deal with that :frown:

You can PM me if you wanna talk about something :smile:

Original post by cosmic angel
Same here. I guess the way to think about it is that nobody fits in, everybody just pretends to fit in, makes themselves fit in.

And nobody to confide in when the going gets tough. :frown:That's just the way it is with people, everybody just wants you when you're happy.

I'm not sure. I do believe that people do 'fake' just to act as if they fit in when they actually don't, but I am not sure if that is true for everyone. Some people are just more suited to fitting in than others. I don't think I have ever truly fitted in anywhere, but TSR used to be a place where I actually felt really happy to post, but that has changed recently.

That is tough :frown: do you not have friends or family members that you can confide in? The most isolating thing is when you talk to someone when you are really struggling, and you can tell that they just don't understand with the way they respond. In that case, it's better to not tell anyone.
I was just thinking about my mental health, the reason I stopped drinking and cant take any drugs is all they do is give me a rush of adrenaline or whatever and when that feelings gone I feel worse than before I even took it.

When I used to feel normal (which was when I had low self esteem but enjoyed life) I had a permanent adrenaline feeling though not to extremes so I could go to corner shop and feel a little ticklish (so thats why I assume adrenaline) and very minor giggles as in I would smile and every now and again would make a sound like "heh" even when playing a video game my heart would beat faster and my feet would start tapping faster and faster.

Sometimes I was so excited I would literally just make strange sounds like "yay" "woo" as my body was so tickish/tingly.

Though that may be more due to the fact I am mildly autistic.

In recent years I have not felt that once, well I have felt some of those symptoms but not the whole picture.
really dissociated. struggling so much. did hand in my dissertation, don't know what to do now.. dont know anymore.
Original post by moment of truth

I'm not sure. I do believe that people do 'fake' just to act as if they fit in when they actually don't, but I am not sure if that is true for everyone. Some people are just more suited to fitting in than others. I don't think I have ever truly fitted in anywhere, but TSR used to be a place where I actually felt really happy to post, but that has changed recently.

That is tough :frown: do you not have friends or family members that you can confide in? The most isolating thing is when you talk to someone when you are really struggling, and you can tell that they just don't understand with the way they respond. In that case, it's better to not tell anyone.

No family, some friends but there are some issues I can't talk about to anyone. Yes that's true, it feels awful when someone does not understand, or, even worse, trivializes an issue you're dealing with.

I honestly think fitting in is just an act most of the time. It's easier for some because they are better actors and actresses, cultural and language barriers aside.

Latest