The Student Room Group

Finding a girlfriend at uni

Hi

Im a first year student at uni. I have been thinking about getting a girlfriend at uni for the past year but with no luck. Anyone know how I can potential find a girlfriend. Not being desperate or anything, I just want to find a soulmate that I can sometimes spend time with.

Thanks
Original post by sdf1444
Hi

Im a first year student at uni. I have been thinking about getting a girlfriend at uni for the past year but with no luck. Anyone know how I can potential find a girlfriend. Not being desperate or anything, I just want to find a soulmate that I can sometimes spend time with.

Thanks

Are you part of any societies?
Don't try and force it, when you do that it never works just let a relationship build on mutual grounds!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
Are you part of any societies?

Yes i am.
Dont force it, just start talking to someone and hope for a spark, hang out a bit.

Dont go for someone on your course or a flatmate because if something goes wrong then it could be really awkward
Reply 5
Original post by Katieludgrove
Don't try and force it, when you do that it never works just let a relationship build on mutual grounds!

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do you mean by mutual grounds?
Reply 6
Buy one on amazon.co.uk
Societies are probably the best way to meet new people, but if you do extra activities such as volunteering that just opens up more opportunities.

I haven't had any luck in my first year, personally, but from what I've seen it's the best option. You might be able to meet someone on a night out, but I wouldn't rely on it too much!
Reply 8
I feel like i am missing out because some of my friends have girlfriends. Do you guys think i am missing out. What should I do for next year? Its just I dont want to finish uni without having made a girlfriend.
Do you even lift, bruhh
Reply 10
Original post by Alexion
Buy one on amazon.co.uk

10/10 would not do again
Reply 11
Horse riding club is a cert.
Confidence is key here, just be outgoing & social. Societies a probably your best bet but try not to rush things, get to know the girl first, then after a while ask her out for a drink or something, after that hopefully something serious will develop, good luck! :smile:
what a pathetic and depressing thread
Original post by democracyforum
what a pathetic and depressing thread

No its not. Now go away.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending