The Student Room Group

Predict your hardest A-level exam this summer.....

Scroll to see replies

m1 by far
Original post by Laurenafenete
All of them because of the meltdown I had last year in AS :colonhash:

But esp Chem 5 and Chem 4 AQA

Sorry to hear that :frown: Sounds like you had a rough time of it. Are you resitting any AS during your A2 exams?
fp2 😭
Reply 63
My hardest will be M3 and probably Biol5

Original post by tanyapotter
fp2 😭

At least you're not doing FP3
Reply 64
S2 maths
Original post by Muttski
In order of "This is going to be painful" to "It's going to be so easy":

-Unit 1 Classics
It's sometimes very difficult to answer a question if you forget small details from the source. Usually each small detail can grant you a mark and forgetting a few will cost you a grade. The revision is just... time consuming and boring too.

-Unit 2 Law
It's very hard to predict what the scenario could be about so it's a case of remembering cases you probably won't need which is time consuming. It's also hard to predict what first 2 questions will pop up on section A. There's a possible 6.

-Unit 2 Classics
The book is really easy to understand and get through but the analysis can be a pain when you don't understand the questions in the exam as well. Some questions are too open meaning you could possibly write too much (for me, anyway).

-Unit 1 Law
Really easy to remember the information. Struggling to remember advantages and disadvantages but I should master that the hour before the exam.

-Unit 1 & 2 General studies (Forced to do this subject :frown: )
It's just multiple choice and stating your opinion.

Are you talking about AS Law? I did it last year...the best way to remember Unit 1 is to put all the information on flashcards for the possible questions that could come up. For Unit 2, make sure you memorise grade-A questions for the set questions at the beginning and do a LOT of past papers!
Hardest to easiest:
Biology 5 AQA
Chemistry 5 AQA
Geog 3 AQA
Biology 4 AQA
Geog 4B AQA
Chemistry 4 AQA

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hardest to easiest:

Psychology AQA - At AS it was the easiest but I couldn't keep up with it at A2 because you have to remember so much more which I cant do. predicting my grade to drop to a C (optimistic) from A
Maths C4 Edexcel - tbh I think maths is easy to pass if you just churn through past papers but c4 will be the hardest, If they make one question horrible an I mess up then thats my grade gone.
Maths M1 Edexcel - ..
Maths C3 Edexcel - ..
Product Design - Edexcel - failed the AS exam because I didn't revise (no resources online and hated making notes) but now I realise how easy this course is I should get an A
Original post by Hannah_Catherine
Are you talking about AS Law? I did it last year...the best way to remember Unit 1 is to put all the information on flashcards for the possible questions that could come up. For Unit 2, make sure you memorise grade-A questions for the set questions at the beginning and do a LOT of past papers!

Yes, AS Law.

My teacher says I could get full marks but I'm slightly doubting myself as I occasionally forget a few things.
Original post by Toasticide
right so this is only AS but out of maths and the three main sciences, itll be either chemistry altogether as we still havent finished the course!. or it will be physics paper 2, the practical skills are insane and the way around this according to my teachers ways of learning is go through it all in 1 lesson >:frown:. but yeh, either chemistry or physics paper 2

What are the practical skills? Pls fill me in... im a bit slow
OCR Depth in Chemistry
Original post by She-Ra
Sorry to hear that :frown: Sounds like you had a rough time of it. Are you resitting any AS during your A2 exams?

Thanks yeah these two years have been pretty rough. When you have people crying in two separate exams on the same day you know its a bad day. So many bad grades :colonhash:

Yup I'm retaking all of my AS maths exams and a physics mechanics exams
F334 Chemistry Salters B
Original post by Someboady
What are the practical skills? Pls fill me in... im a bit slow

basically, they're questions on the required practicals done throughout the year. there's 6 in AS and 6 extra in A2. the question topics aren't too difficult but then they start asking about things like absolute uncertainties and other stuff that isn't covered in ANY textbook ive seen. literally, the knowledge id get a B on but whenever i try these practical skills in physics (bio and chem are pretty easy) i have never actually got above one third of the marks. ;(
Physics. I chop my little fingers off to be given an E grade in it without the pain of the exam or revision.
Original post by Toasticide
basically, they're questions on the required practicals done throughout the year. there's 6 in AS and 6 extra in A2. the question topics aren't too difficult but then they start asking about things like absolute uncertainties and other stuff that isn't covered in ANY textbook ive seen. literally, the knowledge id get a B on but whenever i try these practical skills in physics (bio and chem are pretty easy) i have never actually got above one third of the marks. ;(

Right, and is that just in Paper 2?
If you flick to the back of multiple textbooks, you'll find a small amount on the topic... then you can try and piece things together :smile:
I don't know how exactly to prepare for the Paper 2... how are you preparing?
CHEM4 4sure

Spoiler

In order from easiest to hardest:

OCR ICT G063
OCR Computing F453
AQA Decision 1
AQA Further Pure 1 and AQA Core 3
AQA Statistics 1B
AQA Decision 2
AQA Core 4

I actually find Core 3 easier than stats, as they actually tell you exactly what is required in Core 3 questions than leave you to find inferences like in ambiguous stats questions :s-smilie:

Core 4 is the hardest though in my opinion, as some topics like vectors and integration can be horrendous in some years. Fortunately the boundaries are usually quite low :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
I'd probably have to say my second Chemistry exam, my second physics exam and all of the Maths exams.
I suck at maths:colondollar:
Want to revise with me for physics unit 5?

Quick Reply

Latest