The Student Room Group

Are you procrastinating? Grab a hot chocolate + let's try to imagine together.. ^-^

It's Thursday morning, Mid-August. :moon:

You didn't sleep all night and your entire body aches but you can already see the meagre yellow light shining through your curtains and beyond.. signaling it's time to get out of bed.

You don't know whether you should check now or after you've made yourself look a little presentable and had breakfast.

You can't make a decision.

You don't want breakfast.

You're excited.

But more scared than excited.

You groan and attempt to push your heavy Catherine Lansfield printed quilt out of the way so you can get to the bathroom.

You tell yourself and whoever else is listening that it's going to be a good day.

Yes, it's going to be a good day.

The butterflies won't stop fluttering but with a shot of willpower, you manage to log onto your computer.

It's now 7am and everyone in your home is still asleep.

You want to make them proud.

You want to make yourself proud.

They've seen you trying hard all year.

All those late nights.

All those after school commitments.

Surely it can't have been for nothing?

You want to make everyone proud.

You wonder what'll happen if what you view in the next 10 minutes won't be what you want.

If it won't be what you need.

You remember how much you loved the halls at Warwick.

You remember how perfect the city was.

You picture yourself living there once more and briefly get absorbed in the moment.

The memory fades.

Google Chrome is taking far too long to load up.

You drink water.

You drink some more water.

The bottle is nearly empty.

And a little bit more.

Finally.

You go onto your school website.

There is a link on the homepage which reads: "Click here for all AS and A2 exam results"

Your heart is going wild.

You don't know whether to prepare yourself for the tears.

You hope they are ones of joy.

You repeat to yourself that it's all going to be okay.

You briefly recall all those days when you didn't do what you should've.

You try to forget.

You click the link.

You see the document.

The screen is now blurry.

You blink several times in an attempt to change the view in front of your eyes, hoping it's all a great big hilarious mistake but the image remains.

Your phone is vibrating from the masses of texts that are presumably filled with excitement + happiness.

Your family walk into your room.

They're smiling.

They look eager to know, eager to find out.

You try to speak but you have no words.

You resort to shaking your head and gradually start to resemble the beauty of Niagara falls.

..You know you could've done better.

You have no more chances.

~

Stop procrastinating.

You have an opportunity to change the future and that opportunity is now. Regret is hard to live with. Don't be that person.

Goodnight. :'3

XD

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bumping ma thread for all you time wasters. :woo:

..And so it doesn't stay in the unanswered threads forum. :afraid:

Why didn't you make this thread 2 years ago? :bawling:

But this still applies, I must go revise now! I have 6 exams
**** wish you'd made tthis 3 weeks ago, I done ****ed up an exam today 😂😂😂
Original post by somemightsay888
**** wish you'd made tthis 3 weeks ago, I done ****ed up an exam today 😂😂😂

You poor soul.
Reply 5
**** wish you'd made this 3 weeks ago, I done ****ed up an exam today 😂😂😂

Aw I'm sorry to hear that but hey don't say that. I'm sure you didn't do as bad as you thought you did. :jumphug:

Stay positive. :cute: If I recall correctly, you thought the same for the Maths one + yet did brilliant! ^-^
Reply 6
Original post by Anon_98
Aw I'm sorry to hear that but hey don't say that. I'm sure you didn't do as bad as you thought you did. :jumphug:

Stay positive. :cute: If I recall correctly, you thought the same for the Maths one + yet did brilliant! ^-^

PLEASE DON'T tell me that it's too late to revise and get good grades. :frown:
Original post by Anon_98

Nah this time I know I've done badly as I missed out questions :emo: But thanks for the encouragement anyway :bong2:
Reply 8
Original post by _Xenon_
PLEASE DON'T tell me that it's too late to revise and get good grades. :frown:

No, it isn't too late.

But what I'm trying to say is you need to get off TSR.

..Or else it will be too late.

Remember, the internet will be here forever.

Your exams won't.

They are just getting closer + closer + closer + they won't stop.

So it's either you leap over the oncoming obstacle with as much strength as you can.

Or stand there crying + let it crush into you.

Revise.

And those good grades shall be yours.

Jump over that obstacle, Xenon.

You can do it!

:run:
Give me motivation?
Original post by Anon_98
No, it isn't too late.

Your exams won't.

So it's either you leap over the oncoming obstacle with as much strength as you can.

Revise.

You can do it!

Thanks man. :smile:
Original post by Anon_98
No, it isn't too late.

Your exams won't.

Revise.

You can do it!

why have i only just seen this thread! you...are a life saver!! :hugs:
you must spend an awful lot of time to make these threads that are WOW, so informative and helpful as always :awesome:
salute you
:handkiss:
Reply 13
Nah this time I know I've done badly as I missed out questions :emo: But thanks for the encouragement anyway :bong2:

Here for you if you want to rant about it. :console: <3

Remember that you still have other modules to complete! Missing out questions doesn't matter a whole lot provided you managed to answer the others fairly well. I mean, if you missed out 10 marks worth of questions out of 70 for example, then you'll still have 60 more to play for and it might seem really disheartening now but I assure you that it doesn't necessarily mean that's the case. ^-^

We almost always think exams go worse than they do, honest. :h: - I still believe you can achieve what you want. Maybe try to forget about it for now and don't think about where you lost marks etc either bc it'll just make you feel down. It didn't go your way despite the fact you tried hard and it's not great nor is it your fault but sometimes that happens.. and perhaps the best thing to do is actually to avoid thinking about it then maybe you'll start to remember all the positive aspects in the exam and it won't feel so awful :'3

:hugs:
Original post by Anon_98
No, it isn't too late.

Your exams won't.

Revise.

You can do it!

You are so motivating. Thank you for writing this. Wow😀
Reply 15
Original post by Ayaz789
Give me motivation?

Of course!

What are you finding difficult? Is it getting started with revision or lack of concentration or...?

I mean, I can PM you every morning, afternoon and evening/thereabouts for you to update me with how much you managed to achieve throughout the day if you want?

If you don't revise then I'm sure you'll feel guilty telling me you haven't done anything and perhaps that'll motivate you? :h:
Reply 16
Original post by _Xenon_
Thanks man. :smile:

You're v welcome. Good luck with everything!

Original post by CleverSquirrel
why have i only just seen this thread! you...are a life saver!! :hugs:

Original post by fatima1998
you must spend an awful lot of time to make these threads that are WOW, so informative and helpful as always :awesome:
salute you
:handkiss:

Original post by Lularose83
You are so motivating. Thank you for writing this. Wow😀

Too kind. :blush: :heart:
Original post by Anon_98
Of course!

What are you finding difficult? Is it getting started with revision or lack of concentration or...?

I mean, I can PM you every morning, afternoon and evening/thereabouts for you to update me with how much you managed to achieve throughout the day if you want?

If you don't revise then I'm sure you'll feel guilty telling me you haven't done anything and perhaps that'll motivate you? :h:

Its just that ive got too much to do , but my revision is going alright i guess , but its just like a lack of concentration & the stress levels are extremely high rn :frown:
If you are free then sure Pm me throughout the day to ask , that'd be great thanks :smile:
Yeahh true so yeah sure
Original post by Anon_98
x

After posting this, pressure's on you to ace your exams... :colone:
Reply 19
Original post by Ayaz789
Its just that ive got too much to do , but my revision is going alright i guess , but its just like a lack of concentration & the stress levels are extremely high rn :frown:
If you are free then sure Pm me throughout the day to ask , that'd be great thanks :smile:
Yeahh true so yeah sure

I entirely understand the whole "there's too much to do and not enough time" feeling. :console:

Just remember to try and keep calm as you can. I know it's difficult but drinking lots of water and taking frequent breaks helps.

You will be ready for those exams bc I'll help you be ready for them. We can break things up into smaller sections, if you like + set targets + stuff? Everything seems a little bit more manageable when it's in a bite size chunk. :h:

And okay that's cool.- I'll talk to you tomorrow then.

You can totally do this. :five:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending