The Student Room Group

Back to the beginning/How do I approach her?

Back to the beginning
As the title indicates I feel like I’m back in the beginning of an annoy concept that is love. Basically I had a crush on a girl for about 8 months (June 2015 to January 2016 12th) and after it ended I felt like I was free and I was super happy (and at the same time sad, but mostly happy) and then 3 months later I’m back in to another. I never thought that I would experience“Love at first sight” and thought it was a ridiculous concept that I could never experience but LIKE ALWAYS life contradicts me.

How do I approach her?
This girl that I have a reluctant growing crush on and I made eye contact 2-3 times.This is a quiet girl that minds her own business and doesn’t talk to many people except a few? She’s not really talkative and hangs around by herself and looks cold so I’m afraid of approaching her and don’t even know how to approach her or what to say since I can’t think straight or act normal when I’m around her. I don’t want anything romantic with her (if I had the chance) since I want to focus on my education and don’t feel like it at this age but I REALLY wanna have a platonic relationship with her. So I’m wondering if female user could help out with trying to be friends with this girl and how to approach her and what to say to keep the conversation flowing.

Spoiler

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Eriasu
Back to the beginning
As the title indicates I feel like I’m back in the beginning of an annoy concept that is love. Basically I had a crush on a girl for about 8 months (June 2015 to January 2016 12th) and after it ended I felt like I was free and I was super happy (and at the same time sad, but mostly happy) and then 3 months later I’m back in to another. I never thought that I would experience“Love at first sight” and thought it was a ridiculous concept that I could never experience but LIKE ALWAYS life contradicts me.

How do I approach her?
This girl that I have a reluctant growing crush on and I made eye contact 2-3 times.This is a quiet girl that minds her own business and doesn’t talk to many people except a few? She’s not really talkative and hangs around by herself and looks cold so I’m afraid of approaching her and don’t even know how to approach her or what to say since I can’t think straight or act normal when I’m around her. I don’t want anything romantic with her (if I had the chance) since I want to focus on my education and don’t feel like it at this age but I REALLY wanna have a platonic relationship with her. So I’m wondering if female user could help out with trying to be friends with this girl and how to approach her and what to say to keep the conversation flowing.

Spoiler

First off all, don't use pokeballs :wink:

in all seriousness, just go and talk to her!

Are you in any of the same classes or anything?

Ask how she's doing, how her day's been, try and come across as friendly and not desperate! Or when she's with her friends, go and talk to them, so you're not putting her under pressure, like you said she's quite, shy girl so going in straight away might scare her.

if you get into a conversation, then well done sir!!

Ask her about her interests, the type of music she listens to, and try and act interested even if you're not!
In that way it should keep the conversation flowing!! Keep your head up and be confident and it will all be fine my friend! :yep:
Reply 2
Original post by CleverSquirrel

Ask how she's doing, how her day's been, try and come across as friendly and not desperate! Or when she's with her friends, go and talk to them, so you're not putting her under pressure, like you said she's quite, shy girl so going in straight away might scare her.

Ask her about her interests, the type of music she listens to, and try and act interested even if you're not!
In that way it should keep the conversation flowing!! Keep your head up and be confident and it will all be fine my friend! :yep:

*Puts the pokeball back in it's case*

No, we don't have the same classes we only had the same college activity but we didn't get a chance to talk and I only see her once a week (on Wednesdays) but since I started going to college on my off days to do past papers, I saw her like 2 days this week.

Yeah I'll give that a go and I wouldn't need to try and act because I'd definitely would be interested in knowing about the interest of someone I like.

I am a bit shy too so it'd be hard to talk to her when she's in a group but I'll try that but do you have any other methods?

Like how would you want a guy you haven't talked talked to approach you and after you talk what would you like to see from that person when you see them the next day? A wave? A gentle smile? Or to initiate a conversion? And when would be a good time to ask for her phone number to text?
Reply 3
Original post by Eriasu

No, we don't have the same classes we only had the same college activity but we didn't get a chance to talk and I only see her once a week (on Wednesdays) but since I started going to college on my off days to do past papers, I saw her like 2 days this week.

Yeah I'll give that a go and I wouldn't need to try and act because I'd definitely would be interested in knowing about the interest of someone I like.

I am a bit shy too so it'd be hard to talk to her when she's in a group but I'll try that but do you have any other methods?

Like how would you want a guy you haven't talked talked to approach you and after you talk what would you like to see from that person when you see them the next day? A wave? A gentle smile? Or to initiate a conversion? And when would be a good time to ask for her phone number to text?

Although I don't have a phone with me currently.
Ask her why she looks like a cold hearted bitch
Original post by Eriasu

hahaha love that reply!! :rofl:

ahh okay i see. Well in that case, do you have study periods, or does she go in the library to study at time?
have you spoken to her before? If not, then start off with a smile whenever you catch eyes, that's always a positive sign!

Okay, well like i said before, I'm not a shy person, so my approach would be alot different than what you'll have to do. Yes, I'll want him to talk to me, and start a conversation (I'm quite a chatty person)
And yes, if the conversation should be good, so the next time you speak to them, it shouldn't be like 'oh not her/him again' Do you get me?

In your scenario, start of as friends. Get to know her before you make a move or ask her for her number. It'll be very creepy if the first thing you say to her is 'Hi i like you, can i have your number?' (i know you won't say that, but it's a hypothetical scenario i've just made up)

Like before, start off with a smile, then if she's sat alone, or in the library, go sit near her, or ask her help with something (Clichéd but it does work!)

And Don't rehearse what to say her please? Just go with the flow, and make natural!!! Don't make it fake!
For example, if she's sat near you, you could start off by saying 'Hey! Have you heard of {insert type of interest e.g. a name of a band ect }? They are my favs ect' and take it from there, see what she says and find out more!

And since you don't have a cellular device, are you on Facebook or something? if you do get into a conversation with her, add her after a few conversations so you don't seem desperate (not that you are). And then hopefully, things will turn out to be more than just friends!

and remember one thing, things are only awkward if you make it awkward :smile:
Original post by DanteTheDoorKnob
Ask her why she looks like a cold hearted bitch

ermmm if you want to scare her away then yeah go for it :unimpressed:

:rofl:
Reply 7
hahaha love that reply!! :rofl:

ahh okay i see. Well in that case, do you have study periods, or does she go in the library to study at time?
have you spoken to her before? If not, then start off with a smile whenever you catch eyes, that's always a positive sign!

Okay, well like i said before, I'm not a shy person, so my approach would be alot different than what you'll have to do. Yes, I'll want him to talk to me, and start a conversation (I'm quite a chatty person)
And yes, if the conversation should be good, so the next time you speak to them, it shouldn't be like 'oh not her/him again' Do you get me?

In your scenario, start of as friends. Get to know her before you make a move or ask her for her number. It'll be very creepy if the first thing you say to her is 'Hi i like you, can i have your number?' (i know you won't say that, but it's a hypothetical scenario i've just made up)

Like before, start off with a smile, then if she's sat alone, or in the library, go sit near her, or ask her help with something (Clichéd but it does work!)

And Don't rehearse what to say her please? Just go with the flow, and make natural!!! Don't make it fake!
For example, if she's sat near you, you could start off by saying 'Hey! Have you heard of {insert type of interest e.g. a name of a band ect }? They are my favs ect' and take it from there, see what she says and find out more!

And since you don't have a cellular device, are you on Facebook or something? if you do get into a conversation with her, add her after a few conversations so you don't seem desperate (not that you are). And then hopefully, things will turn out to be more than just friends!

and remember one thing, things are only awkward if you make it awkward :smile:

I don’t know, I don’t stalk her so I wouldn’t know. I have…?If you count her bumping into and apologising 3 times in a row and me replying “np”and yesterday me saying “excuse me” when I tried to go upstairs, apart fromthat; no. I thought of that but it’s hard to do so since it’s hard to and whenI do she looks away quickly, too quick for me to smile. Yeah I thought of doing that and if we start talkingfrequently I’d ask her 3-4 weeks later…?
She’s usually standing at the end of the hallway next to the stairs and it’ssometimes crowed.How can I make it fake? Is rehearsing what to ask bad? Imean I can’t think properly when I’m around her if I make it awkward I’llprobably make a bad first impression. I do but I promised myself to be offline for 2 months so Ican only focus on my work, so no fb and tw.If you talk to someone for the first time how would you start a conversion with them? You wouldn't ask them for their favourite band or anything out of the blue, don't you have to start it with something more... idk? I never struggled talking to someone this much.
Original post by Eriasu
I don’t know, I don’t stalk her so I wouldn’t know. I have…?If you count her bumping into and apologising 3 times in a row and me replying “np”and yesterday me saying “excuse me” when I tried to go upstairs, apart fromthat; no. I thought of that but it’s hard to do so since it’s hard to and whenI do she looks away quickly, too quick for me to smile. Yeah I thought of doing that and if we start talkingfrequently I’d ask her 3-4 weeks later…?
She’s usually standing at the end of the hallway next to the stairs and it’ssometimes crowed.How can I make it fake? Is rehearsing what to ask bad? Imean I can’t think properly when I’m around her if I make it awkward I’llprobably make a bad first impression. I do but I promised myself to be offline for 2 months so Ican only focus on my work, so no fb and tw.If you talk to someone for the first time how would you start a conversion with them? You wouldn't ask them for their favourite band or anything out of the blue, don't you have to start it with something more... idk? I never struggled talking to someone this much.

Aaah okay i see.
erm, well at least she's knows of you, if that makes sense.
Well if you do ever see her alone, or even you do bump into her again, make a friendly joke of it, and try take it from there?

Rehearsing adds just adds pressure, 99% of the time it never goes as rehearsed.. because you never know what she's going to reply

yeah leaving it a few weeks makes sense, good idea!

My friend your over thinking it, i know it's scary but it's really not that hard, i promise you! A squirrel promise :yep:

Okay i see....hmmmm well you can think about that after you guys start talking, maybe then log on to FB or Tw and add her?

A simple 'hey, How are you doing?' can go a long way!! Why not use that next time you cross paths?
Reply 9
Aaah okay i see.
erm, well at least she's knows of you, if that makes sense.
Well if you do ever see her alone, or even you do bump into her again, make a friendly joke of it, and try take it from there?

Rehearsing adds just adds pressure, 99% of the time it never goes as rehearsed.. because you never know what she's going to reply

yeah leaving it a few weeks makes sense, good idea!

My friend your over thinking it, i know it's scary but it's really not that hard, i promise you! A squirrel promise :yep:

Okay i see....hmmmm well you can think about that after you guys start talking, maybe then log on to FB or Tw and add her?

A simple 'hey, How are you doing?' can go a long way!! Why not use that next time you cross paths?

I'll take your advice and talk to her without rehearsing what to say. Yeah I am making it harder then it seems.

After two months then yeah, I'll log on FB or TW to add her.

Thanks for your advice! I was going to give you a picture I took of a cute squirrel this morning as a thank you gift but I can't upload it :s-smilie:
Original post by Eriasu
I'll take your advice and talk to her without rehearsing what to say. Yeah I am making it harder then it seems.

After two months then yeah, I'll log on FB or TW to add her.

Thanks for your advice! I was going to give you a picture I took of a cute squirrel this morning as a thank you gift but I can't upload it :s-smilie:

Good!!!
Best of luck sweetie!!! I hope it all goes well for you, i know it will!!!!:yep:

Do tell me how it goes!!! If you don't then you'll get an angry squirrel!!

No problem!! You're my friend so it's my job to help :yep: :hugs:

hahaha awwww!!!!! My squirrel species are damn right cute ngl, are you sure it wasn't me? :rofl:
As always looks matter the most. If you're goodlooking then you can make it,if not and she's out of your league then you can't.
Reply 12
Good!!!
Best of luck sweetie!!! I hope it all goes well for you, i know it will!!!!:yep:

Do tell me how it goes!!! If you don't then you'll get an angry squirrel!!

No problem!! You're my friend so it's my job to help :yep: :hugs:

hahaha awwww!!!!! My squirrel species are damn right cute ngl, are you sure it wasn't me? :rofl:

I'll tell you if I succeed o/!
Reply 13
After having so many chances to talk to her and my body going the opposite direction I finally had her alone on the bus and I (almost froze the whole way through the trip) manged to talk to her after mentally chanting "She's just a girl, like all girls, I can do this" and I made my move and the whole thing went well and I found out we have some common interests and she's was nice and helped me keep the conversion flowing :smile: if it goes well I'll ask her if she wants to go exploring or something and ask for phone number o/
Original post by Eriasu
After having so many chances to talk to her and my body going the opposite direction I finally had her alone on the bus and I (almost froze the whole way through the trip) manged to talk to her after mentally chanting "She's just a girl, like all girls, I can do this" and I made my move and the whole thing went well and I found out we have some common interests and she's was nice and helped me keep the conversion flowing :smile: if it goes well I'll ask her if she wants to go exploring or something and ask for phone number o/

ooooooooohhh!! I'm soo proud of you! :hugs:

Well done!! i'm sooo glad you took on my advice and you actually spoke to her!! This is great!! i'm soooooooooooooooo happy for you!!

Yes!!!! Just remember,start of with being friends and see were it goes! forget the nerves, keep talking and it will go well for you!! Give it a few weeks of talking and then ask for her number!!!

keep this squirrel updated!!!! :yep:

Spoiler

Reply 15
ooooooooohhh!! I'm soo proud of you! :hugs:

Well done!! i'm sooo glad you took on my advice and you actually spoke to her!! This is great!! i'm soooooooooooooooo happy for you!!

Yes!!!! Just remember,start of with being friends and see were it goes! forget the nerves, keep talking and it will go well for you!! Give it a few weeks of talking and then ask for her number!!!

keep this squirrel updated!!!! :yep:

Spoiler

Yeah, I'll keep you up-to-date and don't worry I won't use it o/

Ask how she's doing, how her day's been, try and come across as friendly and not desperate! Or when she's with her friends, go and talk to them, so you're not putting her under pressure, like you said she's a quiet, shy girl so going in straight away might scare her.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17

Update!

I gave her a short horror story draft I wrote on Tuesday and I talked to her about it on Thursday and I manged to ask if she wants to walk home together and she agreed and we talked about a lot of things. Turns out she likes stargazing as much as me and she had done it before, and I got to see her artwork.

She makes jokes as well (not as much) and likes to travel which led me to ask her if she wants to go exploring (parks) and she thought about it and mentioned Green Wich park and I checked to see if we could explore that park but it was 2hrs away so we couldn't :s-smilie:.

It was fun overall but I only have 3 weeks before summer holiday starts (4 weeks off college.) and I already have 1 week off (half-term) next week :s-smilie:.
So friday is the only day that I'll get to see her before half-term.
Original post by Eriasu
Update!

I gave her a short horror story draft I wrote on Tuesday and I talked to her about it on Thursday and I manged to ask if she wants to walk home together and she agreed and we talked about a lot of things. Turns out she likes stargazing as much as me and she had done it before, and I got to see her artwork.

She makes jokes as well (not as much) and likes to travel which led me to ask her if she wants to go exploring (parks) and she thought about it and mentioned Green Wich park and I checked to see if we could explore that park but it was 2hrs away so we couldn't :s-smilie:.

It was fun overall but I only have 3 weeks before summer holiday starts (4 weeks off college.) and I already have 1 week off (half-term) next week :s-smilie:.
So Friday is the only day that I'll get to see her before half-term.

Yay!!! OMG i'm soo happy for you!!! this is good!!! You're getting along and talking, and have things in common, see, i told you it will be okay!!

aw that sucks, but at least you know she wants to spend time with you!! try out some where local!

i think this is the right time to add her on Facebook, or ask for her number- say something like- so we can meet up and go exploring ect over the holidays?

Thank you for the update! :hugs:
i was going to PM you because i hadn't heard from you! :unimpressed:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 19
Yay!!! OMG i'm soo happy for you!!! this is good!!! You're getting along and talking, and have things in common, see, i told you it will be okay!!

aw that sucks, but at least you know she wants to spend time with you!! try out some where local!

i think this is the right time to add her on Facebook, or ask for her number- say something like- so we can meet up and go exploring ect over the holidays?

Thank you for the update! :hugs:
i was going to PM you because i hadn't heard from you! :unimpressed:

Spoiler

I’ll try to invite her to a local park after half-term and maybe take her to an art gallery that’s nearby, it’s got diverse artwork in there.

I asked if she had whatsapp but turns out she doesn’t but I’ll see if she has a fb account or ask for her phone number, hopefully before summer break.

I was going to write some but they were minor things so i didn’t bother, sorry
xD.

Sure, it’s a draft though and I’m still working on the last paragraph, it’s sloppy because I did it when I was super tired and rushed it because I needed sleep.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending