The Student Room Group

Predict your hardest A-level exam this summer.....

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Science_help
C2 maths

Just realised i did no work in maths since we started C2, and i cant even answer the questions in the paper, ah well, i just gotta work in the next 3 weeks and hope for it to go well

Ah that's not good. I've been doing work but not getting good scores. The mock I just did at college I got 28/75 :frown: which was an E.

What exam board are you on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pix2015
Ah that's not good. I've been doing work but not getting good scores. The mock I just did at college I got 28/75 :frown: which was an E.

What exam board are you on?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ahh, unlucky that, but dw with more work youll achieve much better :smile:

Im doing AQA , hbu?
Original post by She-Ra
Which one are you most worried about?

:cookie:

as of this year maths because we are sitting the AS, but overall, all subjects (maths, chemistry and biology).
Absolutely no doubt that my AS Philosophy (not Philos & Ethics) will be the hardest, and that's even moreso than my German exam :/

To give an indication; last year on the exam you could drop 23 marks out of 80 and still get an A grade, because it is so ****ing hard to get high marks. About 70% then is an A, which is normally a B in most other subjects. We did a mock in class the other week and out of 15 people only I managed to achieve the A, yet I still dropped 16 marks - I'm sure most people's average grade was around E/D.

German's gonna be hard ofc but philosophy my god, if I have a difficult question come up then that's literally the end.
PHY2 new spec
S1
Original post by Someboady
Right, and is that just in Paper 2?
If you flick to the back of multiple textbooks, you'll find a small amount on the topic... then you can try and piece things together :smile:
I don't know how exactly to prepare for the Paper 2... how are you preparing?

i checked the specification and unless im wrong, in AS its 15% of paper 2. for A2 i think it's 20% of paper 3 but that's very likely wrong.

im preparing by trying a set of exam questions, then correcting them and try to see where i went wrong, then re-do the question. it's better than my tactic for all my GCSE's where it was just read the textbook and remember everything, worked for them.... NOT my AS mocks XD
Easiest to Hardest:

Maths - Decision 1
Maths - Core 1
Maths - FP1
Maths - Core 2
Maths - Mechanics 1
Maths - Statistics 1
Both Economics
Both Physics
M2 (which I don't need), followed by C4 (Which I do need)

Easiest to hardest

HIS 2D
COMP1
D1
C2
HIS 3B
COMP 3
C3
M1
C4
M2
(edited 7 years ago)
ahh, unlucky that, but dw with more work youll achieve much better :smile:

Im doing AQA , hbu?

Yeah my teacher has requested me to do a re-sit.

Mee too! I'm on Aqa also :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pix2015
Yeah my teacher has requested me to do a re-sit.

Mee too! I'm on Aqa also :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you in year 12 or 13?
Are you in year 12 or 13?

12 wbu? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
easiest to hardest (all AQA)

M1
C3/FP1 (resit)
FP3
Physics unit 5
M2/C4
Physics unit 4
FP2 :s-smilie::s-smilie:
Original post by h8skoooooool
Probably any paper from the new specs in AS physics, chemistry or biology (less for biology though) as genuinely anything could come up that we are not prepared for :cry:

real talk man them exams are getting man bugged up.
Since OCR is a dodgy exam board, I worry about both Biology and Physics
and maybe C4 if Edexcel wants to join in making students fail lol
(edited 7 years ago)
Probably AQA Unit 3 Economics. I feel like they'll be some sneaky questions in there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm doing AS but the reformed biology will be satanic and 100% harder than the spec paper I bet

same :smile: what other subjects are sitting and what exam boards ?
Original post by Chipandaxxx
Want to revise with me for physics unit 5?

are you doing OCR? XD
Chemistry- I don't know whether the breadth or depth is harder but its my hardest subject
Original post by mechanism
I'm going to say...(easiest to hardest)
C3
F325 (Chemistry Unit 5)
Bio 5
C4
Bio 4
F324 (Chemistry Unit 4)

You find chem 5 easier than chem 4? U mad sun?

Quick Reply