The Student Room Group

Everything is correlated

Would you say I'm crazy to say this?

Everything has a correlation you just need to form the right algorithm.

Who agrees? and who doesn't?
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Drunq
Would you say I'm crazy to say this?

Everything has a correlated you just need to form the right algorithm.

Who agrees? and who doesn't?

Have you ever done statistcs? Lol. I don't think you have.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ServantOfMorgoth
Have you ever done statistcs? Lol. I don't think you have.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Everything is correlated to something
Original post by greatguy571
Everything is correlated to something

There's such a thing called 0 correlation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
There's such a thing called 0 correlation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats just in theory.

In the real world everything is correlated to something
Reply 5
Agreed, there is a correlation for everything. There will always be an algorithm for anything we do, exists or doesn't exist.
Thats just in theory.

In the real world everything is correlated to something

Original post by Drunq
Agreed, there is a correlation for everything. There will always be an algorithm for anything we do, exists or doesn't exist.

You two need to stay in school. And greatguy you need to do something with your life other than making accounts all day.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You two need to stay in school. And greatguy you need to do something with your life other than making accounts all day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Think its you that needs to think outside the box and apply statistics to the real world

Everything that happens has a common determinant for it happening
Reply 8

Posted from TSR Mobile

Please do not get mad. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, it doesn't mean you lash out when someone doesn't agree with you.
Original post by Drunq
Please do not get mad. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, it doesn't mean you lash out when someone doesn't agree with you.

Opinion? There's no opinion to be had here. It's either truth or false. What you two are saying is false. This isn't philosophy it's simple mathematics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Think its you that needs to think outside the box and apply statistics to the real world

Everything that happens has a common determinant for it happening

I agree, people who keep their statistics within a book have no potential of discovering new things in life. I think people should be open minded for everything and be able to apply everything to life.
Reply 11
Opinion? There's no opinion to be had here. It's either truth or false. What you two are saying is false. This isn't philosophy it's simple mathematics.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can make an algorithm with any amount of set data. If you learn this, you'll understand the point being made.
Original post by Drunq
You can make an algorithm with any amount of set data. If you learn this, you'll understand the point being made.

You're talking pseudoscience okay. Stick to your social sciences ok.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
You're talking pseudoscience okay. Stick to your social sciences ok.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think bringing multiple sciences into the question, will improve the conclusion don't you think ?
Original post by Drunq
I think bringing multiple sciences into the question, will improve the conclusion don't you think ?

No. Only the natural sciences are worth their salt.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
No. Only the natural sciences are worth their salt.

Posted from TSR Mobile

if ya say so(!) ( :
You can use Spearman's rank to see if two sets of data have a correlation or not. :colondollar:
Reply 17
Original post by aamirac
You can use Spearman's rank to see if two sets of data have a correlation or not. :colondollar:

the whole point is to say it is possible. Maybe some collations in comparison aren't possible (e.g weight of yourself compared to weight of atoms around you). Whereas everything by itself has a correlation and can be determined with an algorithm (e.g predict when it'll snow) Taking into account every variable, which may include climate change, human interactions, CO2 emissions, location. It'll be possible to form an algorithm supporting this. However all this data has to be available to you. (Past, present and future).
Original post by Drunq
the whole point is to say it is possible. Maybe some collations in comparison aren't possible (e.g weight of yourself compared to weight of atoms around you). Whereas everything by itself has a correlation and can be determined with an algorithm (e.g predict when it'll snow) Taking into account every variable, which may include climate change, human interactions, CO2 emissions, location. It'll be possible to form an algorithm supporting this. However all this data has to be available to you. (Past, present and future).

Predicting the whether is based on chaos theory and not simple "correlations". You're way out of your depth here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Predicting the whether is based on chaos theory and not simple "correlations". You're way out of your depth here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I gave an example, if you had data from the past, present and future, it is possible to make an algorithm for it and from that a correlation would be formed. I'm talking theoretically, not saying it is possible in the presence, but if the universe ends or not, it would be possible to get any algorithm done for any event that has happened within the universe.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending