The Student Room Group

Students scamming student finance

Sorry had to post here because had to stay anonymous.

I've know a few people with big family businesses, quite well off, parents bought all the kids nice cars at 18, etc

When reaching university they have managed to secure maximum grants and loans, and in some cases apply for extra university grants for low income families. I know its none of my business but doesn't it make you a little angry? How can student finance be scammed so easily? I asked one of them about it and they mentioned their money being undeclared because its offshore/cash in hand.

Has anyone else encountered something like this as I doubt its not being exploited everywhere!
Original post by Anonymous
Sorry had to post here because had to stay anonymous.

I've know a few people with big family businesses, quite well off, parents bought all the kids nice cars at 18, etc

When reaching university they have managed to secure maximum grants and loans, and in some cases apply for extra university grants for low income families. I know its none of my business but doesn't it make you a little angry? How can student finance be scammed so easily? I asked one of them about it and they mentioned their money being undeclared because its offshore/cash in hand.

Has anyone else encountered something like this as I doubt its not being exploited everywhere!

There are definitely some problems with student loans for sure. My friend gets the full loan and grant despite her dad being very well off and giving her money regularly, because her household income is only based on her mum's which is quite low.
If there's a flaw in the system, people will exploit it.

It's life.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending