The Student Room Group

girl i've been seeing has updated her tinder profile

i've been seeing a girl i met on tinder for about 2 months, as far as i'm aware we are exclusive (neither of us are the type to see multiple people at once anyway)

i've been on tinder again a couple of times over the past few weeks, just because i was bored and i got a notification and wanted to look at some of my old matches (not to chat or match with anyone). I've been on her profile and the pictures have been updated in the past couple of weeks, i'm kind of upset about it.

Do girls usually still update tinder after they've been seeing a guy for a while? It seems like you would only do that if you wanted matches I felt things were going really well and she claims she really likes me but now I can't help but feel a bit down. I don't know whether to confront her or not
I know some people have met their partner's off Tinder, but I wouldn't really rely on it. Men and women on there are so...picky. Quick to change their mind, too.

Maybe ask her about it, but do so in a way that doesn't make you appear needy. Just ask where you stand with each other.
Reply 2
I update mine just for fun.
Can't really be too mad considering you were on there too lol.

Just ask her tho.
Reply 3
You think? I mean things have been going great so far and I definitely think she really likes me. Maybe I'm just being insecure about this since the last girl i was with ended up cheating on me.

I suppose I could jus mention that I got a notification and went back and lpoked at her profile for fun. See what she says

Original post by Inazuma
Can't really be too mad considering you were on there too lol.

Just ask her tho.

I was on it but I haven't updated my profile. Her updating it makes me think she has still been swiping and even chatting to guys.
Yeah just ask. Simple that way. :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
i've been seeing a girl i met on tinder for about 2 months, as far as i'm aware we are exclusive (neither of us are the type to see multiple people at once anyway)

i've been on tinder again a couple of times over the past few weeks, just because i was bored and i got a notification and wanted to look at some of my old matches (not to chat or match with anyone). I've been on her profile and the pictures have been updated in the past couple of weeks, i'm kind of upset about it.

Do girls usually still update tinder after they've been seeing a guy for a while? It seems like you would only do that if you wanted matches I felt things were going really well and she claims she really likes me but now I can't help but feel a bit down. I don't know whether to confront her or not

Not normal.
Ask her but you gonna have to explain why you were there
Reply 6
Original post by M14B
Not normal.
Ask her but you gonna have to explain why you were there

Yeah I just looked and she's even updated it since I posted this thread. I really like her as well but I find this kind of worrying.

She has claimed I'm one of only two guys she's met from tinder and that she plays it as a "game" but then I thought that was a thing people said because they were a bit embarrassed about using it.
Reply 7
Yeah I just looked and she's even updated it since I posted this thread. I really like her as well but I find this kind of worrying.

She has claimed I'm one of only two guys she's met from tinder and that she plays it as a "game" but then I thought that was a thing people said because they were a bit embarrassed about using it.

Do as she does!
:colone:
Reply 8
Original post by M14B
Do as she does!
:colone:

Haha nah I don't even want to though. Ugh I'm seeing her tonight and this is all I'll be thinking about.
Unless you've actually spoke to her about it then she'll probably just carry on. I met my other half on a dating website and although I didn't continue to talk to people online while we were dating, I kept logging in and probably (it was a while ago now) updated my profile. Going on there had become more of a habit, just like checking Facebook!

After about 6 weeks of dating we spoke and agreed that we'd both delete our profiles as we weren't interested in dating other people. We sat and did it together, it was quite the occasion!

Just ask her outright, you don't have to say that you've seen that she's updated her profile, you could just ask her if she's talking to other people and if you don't want her to then you really need to say something to her.
how about asking her if she wants to delete tinder with you as youre both now exclusive, if she asks why say you get notifications (explains you being active without being shifty) which you check just to get rid of them on your phone and its not like you two need it anymore anyway. if she says no or keeps it after that but tells you its been deleted (maybe get a mate to check 2 weeks later) then confront her or ask why
Just be direct.

Tell her you were on it because you got a new notification, and that you looked at her profile again and noticed that it had updated. Was there anything more to it than just a game?
If you've met her off tinder what do you really expect? Faithfulness?
Unless you've actually agreed that you're exclusive, you can't really blame her for looking at Tinder every now again still. It doesn't necessarily mean she is looking to date anyone, maybe just that at this stage she is keeping her options open for if you guys go your separate ways, since you've not actually said explicitly that you're exclusive.

Rather than mention the Tinder thing I would have a chat about exclusivity, and then once that's confirmed hopefully both of you will stop going on Tinder :h:
Reply 14
Original post by Inazuma

Liar.

and to the OP, yes it is a worrying sign, the girl is clearly still window shopping, don't be naive and let her convince you otherwise, the signs are there in black and white, trust your gut Bro.
Original post by ANM775
Liar.

Yes, because I care so much I came onto this thread just to lie for no reason, benefit, or gain. Use your noggin. :beard:
Original post by LiquidGold
Unless you've actually agreed that you're exclusive, you can't really blame her for looking at Tinder every now again still. It doesn't necessarily mean she is looking to date anyone, maybe just that at this stage she is keeping her options open for if you guys go your separate ways, since you've not actually said explicitly that you're exclusive.

Rather than mention the Tinder thing I would have a chat about exclusivity, and then once that's confirmed hopefully both of you will stop going on Tinder :h:

No we haven't explicitly said we are exclusive. I know we are just from certain things we've said/done but I suppose I've just been unsure of the best way to bring it up.

I might take one of the other users' advice and mention I want to delete tinder and see if she wants to do the same
No we haven't explicitly said we are exclusive. I know we are just from certain things we've said/done but I suppose I've just been unsure of the best way to bring it up.

I might take one of the other users' advice and mention I want to delete tinder and see if she wants to do the same

same here OP. What did you do?
bump
Anyone know how to disable profile updates so no one knows you've been on Tinder? That **** just causes problems when a girl you are currently seeing starts asking you questions about revisiting tinder. Yeah, I like to update my profile now and then, but I don't need the drama because of this crappy add-on

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending