The Student Room Group

Tricky situation with a friend...

Before I start I will say this is a serious post but I have been on TSR long enough to know that some people will post comments to take the p*ss. I don't mind that at all as TSR is a fun forum and I haven't had a SOH bypass! However, I would appreciate anyone who posts some serious thoughts and comments...I've got a friend who I've known for about 3ish years. Three nights ago I had a text from him asking if I wanted to meet up for a few drinks. We both ended up quite tipsy, chatting and watching music vids etc. I can't remember how the subject came up but we started talking about sex and masturbation and fantasies. He knows that I have always found him attractive. At one point he asked me if I ever fantasised about him and I confirmed I had. After he pressed me to tell him details I did (Don't worry, I'm not going to put the details here!!! Lol). I asked him if he ever fantasised about guys and he said that he does but only about 5-10% of the (fantasy) time. He asked me to stay the night and made it clear that he wanted to have sex with me. In a nutshell, I declined and I told him my reasoning ie that it wouldn't necessarily do him any good in the future and I told him that I love and respect him too much. He seemed disappointed and we chatted about him feeling a bit rejected and that he felt it was because he was 'not good looking enough', which I assured him was not the case at all (I think he is very sexy/hot/good looking). We chatted about the possibility that he asked me to stay because he just wanted to feel loved which he agreed. I told him that I love him very much and after a couple hugs (I'm quite a 'huggy' person, as he is) I left.Bit of background.... About six months ago, after a few pub beers and pool, I ended up back at his house and we had a few more beers and chatted. We were more than a bit tipsy and we 'messed around' a bit. Again, I'm not going into details but we didn't really have 'proper' sex (I hope this makes sense because it is difficult to describe without going into details). Although I kinda regretted it the next day it didn't affect our friendship in a negative way in fact maybe it made us closer.Now I get to the tricky part (Eeeeek!)..... I've now got this idea firmly placed in my head that I would very much like to have sex with him. It's only been three days and so I am aware that these thoughts may pass but I do realise only part of me wants them to. Another consideration is that we are going away together for the weekend in about six weeks time and will be sharing a room.So, thanks for taking the time to read this and if anyone has any thoughts/ideas/advice I would be grateful.
tricky situation or sticky situation?
Reply 2
Original post by Proxenus
tricky situation or sticky situation?

Funny guy. 👍😎
Original post by Drez999
Before I start I will say this is a serious post but I have been on TSR long enough to know that some people will post comments to take the p*ss. I don't mind that at all as TSR is a fun forum and I haven't had a SOH bypass! However, I would appreciate anyone who posts some serious thoughts and comments...I've got a friend who I've known for about 3ish years. Three nights ago I had a text from him asking if I wanted to meet up for a few drinks. We both ended up quite tipsy, chatting and watching music vids etc. I can't remember how the subject came up but we started talking about sex and masturbation and fantasies. He knows that I have always found him attractive. At one point he asked me if I ever fantasised about him and I confirmed I had. After he pressed me to tell him details I did (Don't worry, I'm not going to put the details here!!! Lol). I asked him if he ever fantasised about guys and he said that he does but only about 5-10% of the (fantasy) time. He asked me to stay the night and made it clear that he wanted to have sex with me. In a nutshell, I declined and I told him my reasoning ie that it wouldn't necessarily do him any good in the future and I told him that I love and respect him too much. He seemed disappointed and we chatted about him feeling a bit rejected and that he felt it was because he was 'not good looking enough', which I assured him was not the case at all (I think he is very sexy/hot/good looking). We chatted about the possibility that he asked me to stay because he just wanted to feel loved which he agreed. I told him that I love him very much and after a couple hugs (I'm quite a 'huggy' person, as he is) I left.Bit of background.... About six months ago, after a few pub beers and pool, I ended up back at his house and we had a few more beers and chatted. We were more than a bit tipsy and we 'messed around' a bit. Again, I'm not going into details but we didn't really have 'proper' sex (I hope this makes sense because it is difficult to describe without going into details). Although I kinda regretted it the next day it didn't affect our friendship in a negative way in fact maybe it made us closer.Now I get to the tricky part (Eeeeek!)..... I've now got this idea firmly placed in my head that I would very much like to have sex with him. It's only been three days and so I am aware that these thoughts may pass but I do realise only part of me wants them to. Another consideration is that we are going away together for the weekend in about six weeks time and will be sharing a room.So, thanks for taking the time to read this and if anyone has any thoughts/ideas/advice I would be grateful.

I would say go for it! If you want to and he wants to then you should!
The best thing to do is let him know how you feel. The thing with these sort of situations is that you don't know what the outcome may be, which makes it difficult.

If you guys are good friends, then what you say shouldn't change your relationship. As you said, last time you did it, it only made your relationship stronger.

Idk if my response was along the lines the response you wanted??? If not, sorry about that :redface:
Reply 5
Original post by imaninja
The best thing to do is let him know how you feel. The thing with these sort of situations is that you don't know what the outcome may be, which makes it difficult.

If you guys are good friends, then what you say shouldn't change your relationship. As you said, last time you did it, it only made your relationship stronger.

Idk if my response was along the lines the response you wanted??? If not, sorry about that :redface:

Thanks. What you said makes a lot of sense and seems really logical. 👍
Paragraphs plz
Original post by Drez999
Thanks. What you said makes a lot of sense and seems really logical. 👍

No problemo :h: :hugs: Hope everything works out for you.
Reply 8
Original post by jambojim97
Paragraphs plz

I refer the honourable gentleman to my avatar. 👀
If you've been on TSR that long you should know that a thread of this extreme length requires a TL;DR and paragraphs or most people won't bother reading it :wink:
Reply 10
Original post by WoodyMKC
If you've been on TSR that long you should know that a thread of this extreme length requires a TL;DR and paragraphs or most people won't bother reading it :wink:

Thanks for your input. 😎
Original post by Drez999
Thanks for your input. 😎

Anytime, mate :redface:
I think before sleeping with each other you'd both need to be VERY clear about what you both want, if you both want the same thing then go for it. I've had NSA sex with friends and it hasn't impacted our friendship, I've also slept with friends where communication hasn't being great and people have ended up getting hurt.
Original post by Drez999

Well, what do you want from it? Just NSA sex? Or a relationship?

He wanted to that night but you declined you know why, so what makes you think you'll feel any better once you've had sex? You still want to continue being friends I presume.

You're open with each other that helps. Btw how did you feel when he said he fantasies about guys a bit? Just wondering :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
The relationships advice that I find myself giving people again and again on this site is, "talk to him/her". But you seem to be able to talk to him very well and very productively - good on you!
I think that what you're going through is completely normal-trust me, I have been through something similar-but all you have to do is just talk about it. In my experience that has been the only thing keeping me going and sane. If you were to talk about this with your friend-at least you'll know where you're both at-sometimes being drunk is the best part-as those are the only times you can discuss stuff like this freely with out being embarrassed or shy...don't worry about it. But don't be drunk at the time you are discussing this-sometimes sober is the better option. Plus I am sure that you won't lose your friend over this-it's not a small situation but nor is it big-stuff like this you can always overcome!
Good Luck, I hope it goes well for you! :smile:
Reply 16
Thanks for the replies - much appreciated.

The most important thing for me is our friendship and I don't want anything to jeopardise that so it clear to me I need to have a good think about this.

We are meeting up toward the end of next week for lunch so I've got a bit of time to mull things over.

Anywaysup, hope everyone enjoys the bank holiday weekend. 😎

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending