The Student Room Group

I matched with my Friends Boyfriend on Tinder ? Should I tell her ?

My friend has been going out with her new boyfriend for about 6 months ?

Ive only met her boyfriend twice during Drink Sessions. He goes to a different uni (in the same city) and my friend lives off campus so I dont see her that often anymore

However, I matched with him on Tinder and I dont think he recognises me as he dropped a cheesy pick up line and asked me if I work or study

I didnt reply, but should I tell my friend ?

Scroll to see replies

And the drama begins
You are her friend, so do the right thing.

Tell her.
Reply 3
You began with "my friend" so obviously you should tell her.
If I were in your friend's position I would want to know so yes, tell her
go along with him and see if he says something really incriminating

then show your friend screenshots

:mmm:
Reply 6
Im not sure if they are exclusive though ? I dont want to poke my nose if its not my place ?
Original post by Anonymous

Ive only met her boyfriend twice during Drink Sessions. He goes to a different uni (in the same city) and my friend lives off campus so I dont see her that often anymore

However, I matched with him on Tinder and I dont think he recognises me as he dropped a cheesy pick up line and asked me if I work or study

Only if u get proof such as screenshots because if not, he will just say "babbyyy i used to have tinder i aint been on that since u" and then your friend will say you are a jealous bitch and not be your friend (COS LOL WOMEN)
Just tell her.
You must have realised it was him when you swiped. It's now got to the stage where you're 'matched' and he's clearly being forward.
Dont know. It depends on the personalities. I tend not to interfere in other peoples relationships. If you are going to tell her, then be thoughtful how you do it.
Original post by Senile Stranger

Then her friend gets angry at her for continuing to chat once she'd realised who it was. Great plan :wink:
Original post by Senile Stranger

your evil lol
Tell her, explain that you are aware that you don't know if they're exclusive or not but that you guys matched and he messaged you so he's clearly active.
Im not sure if they are exclusive though ?

How can you be friends and yet not know this?
Original post by RachaelBee
Tell her, explain that you are aware that you don't know if they're exclusive or not but that you guys matched and he messaged you so he's clearly active.

He is very active, I checked his bio and its always changing

makes no mention of being in a open relationship
Original post by WoodyMKC
How can you be friends and yet not know this?

We dont live in the same flat anymore and its not the sort of stuff that comes up in normal conversation

Talk to him but let him dictate things, i.e. do not lead. See what he gets up to. If it gets to the point where he asks for sex, tell your friend.

I wouldn't do it before, because she would probably just say stop and not find out the true extent of his preparedness for infidelity.
We dont live in the same flat anymore and its not the sort of stuff that comes up in normal conversation

Why do you need to be living together to talk about what's going on with your lives? Perfectly normal conversation to have with a friend. You sound more like simple acquaintances than friends.
Original post by WoodyMKC
Why do you need to be living together to talk about what's going on with your lives? Perfectly normal conversation to have with a friend. You sound more like simple acquaintances than friends.

So your 100% sure none of your friends are in open relationships ?

I never said she was a BFF
So your 100% sure none of your friends are in open relationships ?

I never said she was a BFF

My friends? 100% certain, would bet everything I own on it because I can't lose. People I know and chat to and see here and there, no I'm not 100% sure, but those aren't what I consider friends, they're acquaintances.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending