The Student Room Group

How can I get and A* in GCSE maths edexcel linear?

So, I have been working hard from October last year and since then I have jumped up from a Low B to a mid A in a space of a few months. I need an A to get into my a level courses but I would really like that A*. To those who got an A* especially on this exam board, what were the best revision techniques for you?
Reply 1
Bump
I'm working at an A grade now, aiming for the star too lol so what i do is Past Papers and for the questions I get wrong ,I look at the video solutions, which are up on youtube!
Good luck xo
(edited 7 years ago)
Are you planning on taking both maths and further maths or just maths at A-Level? Also doing past papers will definitely help you out a lot.
Reply 4
Original post by Bernie2016
Are you planning on taking both maths and further maths or just maths at A-Level? Also doing past papers will definitely help you out a lot.

Just Maths, Further maths is too much stress.
Reply 5
Original post by Bernie2016

Are you doing both?
Reply 6
Original post by ShaikhaAlK
I'm working at an A grade now, aiming for the star too lol so what i do is Past Papers and for the questions I get wrong ,I look at the video solutions, which are up on youtube!
Good luck xo

Have you been doing that weekly?
Yea, along with Physics and Geography.
Original post by Rajive
I try to do as much maths work as possible because I'm taking it next year and yeah I do at least one paper a week making sure I know how to answer all the questions using video solutions
Shaikha xo
Original post by Rajive
I try to do as much maths work as possible because I'm taking it next year and yeah I do at least one paper a week making sure I know how to answer all the questions using video solutions

Shaikha xo
Reply 10
Original post by ShaikhaAlK

Shaikha xo

Thanks
Reply 11
Bump
Do every single practice q you can find. If you get it wrong do it again without looking at the mark scheme until you get it all correct.
Look specifically for the A* topics & do every question. Just repeat until it comes naturally.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by Frappé
Do every single practice q you can find. If you get it wrong do it again without looking at the mark scheme until you get it all correct.
Look specifically for the A* topics & do every question. Just repeat until it comes naturally.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okay, I have been doing most of this from October anyway l. Thanks for your help
Reply 14
Getting off TSR, stop asking about what to do and do some actual work.
Reply 15
Original post by Zacken
Getting off TSR, stop asking about what to do and do some actual work.

It's not everyday, this thread doesn't concern
You so go away:angry:
Reply 16
Original post by Rajive
It's not everyday, this thread doesn't concern
You so go away:angry:

Huh? You asked a public question on a public forum, I publicly responded. What's your issue? I thought I gave some cracking advice.
This website has really good videos for all of the topics.

http://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/

Quick Reply