The Student Room Group

What's the solution to the migrant crisis?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 0to100
I'm sure the "refugees" who will float in the sea or die of starvation when people turn them away would love to see your face and remember the coldness behind it even in death

How's that work given they would never see her face

last thing they would see would be their countrymen fighting to use their body as a flotation device given the ones they sell in Turkey are made of cardboard:biggrin:
Original post by 雷尼克

I suggest you read up on history before making such an absurd, oversimplified comment about isolationism.

And it is our responsibility, as a leading democratic nation, to properly enforce what NATO stands for and actually help the situation instead of giving it a bash and praying things work out - which is what we are doing right now with airstrikes.

I suggest you try to understand how a desire for peace after a catastrophic war coupled with appeasement is not the same as isolationism.

NATO stands for the defence of its' members territory, not interference in the internal affairs of other states. The current effort is going well beyond the call of duty.
Original post by brainhuman
Why don't you figure it out yourself? You pretend to be so smart, I am sure you will have no trouble...

I wonder how many people you come across must be "poor at reading" in your eyes. Maybe it's just you, you know. Your effect on people.

He's not pretending to be smart. He is. Aside from giving him ad hominem over ad hominem and vacuous responses, you brought nothing to prove him wrong.
But I guess for your kin what you have to do is take out the name card and you've won the argument.
Original post by Good bloke
I suggest you try to understand how a desire for peace after a catastrophic war coupled with appeasement is not the same as isolationism.

NATO stands for the defence of its' members territory, not interference in the internal affairs of other states. The current effort is going well beyond the call of duty.

Isolationism, peace and appeasement aren't mutually exclusive things. Sometimes the desire for peace derives from isolationism, some nations might want to stay peaceful with other powers because they don't want to get involved in foreign conflict and affairs. But whatever silly argument you try to make, British and American isolationism was a significant factor in allowing Hitler to gain confidence and momentum in taking back lost territory and claiming further territory in the inter-war years.

But I'm probably wasting my time here anyway, you've butted into my arguments about three times over the last few weeks, and when met with reason you always conveniently don't reply.
Original post by 雷尼克
Isolationism, peace and appeasement aren't mutually exclusive things. Sometimes the desire for peace derives from isolationism, some nations might want to stay peaceful with other powers because they don't want to get involved in foreign conflict and affairs.

That is true, and probably applied to the USA before 1942. It did not, however, apply to the UK, which has never been isolationist and had interests across the globe to protect and bound itself to protect other countries by treaty.

In any event, isolationism is not simply non-interventionism.
(edited 7 years ago)
Every european country should take their proportional fair share. we're not monsters. its gonna be difficult convincing your kids how evil hitler was if we are willing to let fleeing people drown in the ocean or force them to return to those war-torn areas
Original post by LaMandarine
He's not pretending to be smart. He is. Aside from giving him ad hominem over ad hominem and vacuous responses, you brought nothing to prove him wrong.
But I guess for your kin what you have to do is take out the name card and you've won the argument.

Oh please stop. A fanboy?

And what is this forums obsession with ad hominem? You can't use it whenever something doesn't suit you. Not to mention your bff was the one who started being derogatory.
Asia.
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Im sure the "refugees" who will float in the sea or die at the hands of ruthless smugglers who after seeing their third world countrymen living it up in Germany, decided it was worth the risk would love to see your face and remember the stupidity behind it even in death

I'm sure that regardless of the language barrier, the "refugees" are just as confused with this sentence as I am because it doesn't make any sense

What i think you're trying to say is, let's keep them out because their fellow nationals are violent beasts and you worry for the safety of these refugees...which I doubt, stop the rubbish.
Original post by BaconandSauce

last thing they would see would be their countrymen fighting to use their body as a flotation device given the ones they sell in Turkey are made of cardboard:biggrin:

What the hell, how did two people bring this to me, the whole "countrymen" are gonna kill the migrants
And that's why I said they would love to see it. What she said is unbelievable but seeing is believing.
Reply 231
Original post by DIN-NARYU-FARORE
Every european country should take their proportional fair share. we're not monsters. its gonna be difficult convincing your kids how evil hitler was if we are willing to let fleeing people drown in the ocean or force them to return to those war-torn areas

Let the peoples decide, ok?

These people were safe in refugee camps, for which the EU is going to pay €6 billion.
Original post by 0to100
What the hell, how did two people bring this to me, the whole "countrymen" are gonna kill the migrants
And that's why I said they would love to see it. What she said is unbelievable but seeing is believing.

What does this even mean?
Original post by DIN-NARYU-FARORE
Every european country should take their proportional fair share

That should be for the people of Europe to decide not immigrants.
Reply 234
Oh please stop. A fanboy?

And what is this forums obsession with ad hominem? You can't use it whenever something doesn't suit you. Not to mention your bff was the one who started being derogatory.

Strong debating skills... How old are you?

I'm waiting for your answer, which will doubtlessly be full of insults.
Original post by Josb
Strong debating skills... How old are you?

I'm waiting for your answer, which will doubtlessly be full of insults.

Was I debating anything with the person that just came into an argument defending their buddy?

But hey, talking about insults and debating skills, nice question about my age :wink:
Original post by Josb
Let the peoples decide, ok?

These people were safe in refugee camps, for which the EU is going to pay €6 billion.

Not surprised someone like you would have such selfish views.

Ooooh, I guess you were right after all, wanna accuse me of ad hominem now?
Reply 237
Was I debating anything with the person that just came into an argument defending their buddy?

But hey, talking about insults and debating skills, nice question about my age :wink:

This is a public forum, you should expect to be quoted by people you haven't talked to before.
Original post by Josb
This is a public forum, you should expect to be quoted from people you haven't talked to before.

Quotes? Yes.

Supposedly being in a debate with them? No.

Move along now kid.
What does this even mean?

Well:

and

Original post by Betelgeuse-
Im sure the "refugees" who will float in the sea or die at the hands of ruthless smugglers who after seeing their third world countrymen living it up in Germany, decided it was worth the risk would love to see your face and remember the stupidity behind it even in death

Betelguese said to me exactly what you said to me, I should've quoted him when I quoted you.

So I was confused why two totally different people said literally the same thing about "countrymen" and stating that all 3rd world people are violent which would imply that the migrants, being from the 3rd world mostly, are also violent. So you both somehow used the same wording and had the same motive. Just shocked, or is it parroting b.s.?

Quick Reply

Latest