The Student Room Group

who's good at chemistry?

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/131286-question-paper-unit-f321-atoms-bonds-and-groups.pdf 4Cii) help pls. for some reason for the answer the moles of ii) is half of the moles of i) but I don't see a 2:1 molar ratio in the balanced equation, what is going on. thanks.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Original post by ronnydandam
http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/131286-question-paper-unit-f321-atoms-bonds-and-groups.pdf 4Cii) help pls. for some reason for the answer the moles of ii) is half of the moles of i) but I don't see a 2:1 molar ratio in the balanced equation, what is going on. thanks.

??
Group 2 metal, hence the equation is of the chloride is XCl2, and therefore for each mole of that you must have 2 of AgCl to balance chlorines
I got the answer as Magnesium.
You work it from backwards. Ill post the pictures of my working tommorow? Im really sleepy and my phone needs to charge
Original post by samb1234
Group 2 metal, hence the equation is of the chloride is XCl2, and therefore for each mole of that you must have 2 of AgCl to balance chlorines

The moles of AgCl is 0.06. The moles of of the group 2 chloride is 0.03. :biggrin:
its a good question
Original post by Neurology
The moles of AgCl is 0.06. The moles of of the group 2 chloride is 0.03. :biggrin:
its a good question

I know
Reply 7

I got the answer as Magnesium.
You work it from backwards. Ill post the pictures of my working tommorow? Im really sleepy and my phone needs to charge

its a good question

I know

Thanks to all of you, I really appreciate it! :biggrin: Sorry for being a pain! :colonhash:
Reply 8
It won't let me give a you a rep? :/ Thanks again anyway!
word.

Quick Reply

Latest