The Student Room Group

What's the solution to the migrant crisis?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by brainhuman
Oh please stop. A fanboy?

And what is this forums obsession with ad hominem? You can't use it whenever something doesn't suit you. Not to mention your bff was the one who started being derogatory.

Girlfriend actually.
It's not my obsession. Neither do I say that your arguments as false/irrelevant simply because you used ad hominems. You didn't use any evidence, no matter how solid or weak, for me, or him, or anybody else to assess anything in the first place.

He gave his candid response on this thread and all you can do to initiate a discussion with him is call him a hypocrite. Oh, wait, that's it. You weren't planning on initiating a discussion based on what he said, you just wanted to crush his argument with such an incisive remark.

At worst he called you banal, and I'd argue that's a generous assessment, whereas you called him a low life scum. Maybe you should think out of you two who actually wanted to converse on the main topic and who was being blatantly derogatory.
(edited 7 years ago)
wanna accuse me of ad hominem now?

lol.
Original post by democracyforum

I get your point and what you're tryna do but there's loads of "normal" people behind him at the same event.
Reply 243
Original post by LaMandarine
Girlfriend actually.
It's not my obsession. Neither do I say that your arguments as false/irrelevant simply because you used ad hominems. You didn't use any evidence, no matter how solid or weak, for me, or him, or anybody else to assess anything in the first place.

He gave his candid response on this thread and all you can do to initiate a discussion with him is call him a hypocrite. Oh, wait, that's it. You weren't planning on initiating a discussion based on what he said, you just wanted to crush his argument with such an incisive remark.

At worst he called you banal, and I'd argue that's a generous assessment, whereas you called him a low life scum. Maybe you should think out of you two who actually wanted to converse on the main topic and who was being blatantly derogatory.

He doesn't want to debate with you, he said.
Girlfriend actually.

What evidence are you talking about?

Did your bf provide evidence? All he did was write fancy sentences that actually someone else in this thread made fun of, not just me, and overall he just sounded clever, but didn't actually say much himself.

In fact what he said was lacking so much evidence, that it was completely ambiguous and it was then he who proceeded to belittle me for first apparently telling him what he wrote and then that I was too stupid to understand what he wrote. And yes I called him that. And then I stopped talking to him because what I wrote, at the very end of my discourse with him, is my opinion of him, formed after said discourse. Maybe you want to ask yourself why your bf acts in a way that makes other people think that about him.

Nice bf you have. Bye now.
Original post by Josb
He doesn't want to debate with you, he said.

It's ok, I'm not expecting to have one with him anyway :cute:
Did he just call you... a kid :rofl:?
Reply 246

Yeah, perhaps the same guy as on the other thread who said I was uneducated.

It's surprising to see that several of the most hateful users are pro refugees/migrants/EU. I think that some of them may be trolls trying to give a bad name to the others.
Original post by Josb
Yeah, perhaps the same guy as on the other thread who said I was uneducated.

It's surprising to see that several of the most hateful users are pro refugees/migrants/EU. I think that some of them may be trolls trying to give a bad name to the others.

They sound like trolls, to be honest. Too much conviction in essentially...nothing concrete. Whenever they give me the "I shouln't have to explain [x] because an intelligent person would already be aware of such",

Spoiler

Who knows, they might be Brexiters looking for some laughs in disguise :rofl:
They sound like trolls, to be honest. Too much conviction in essentially...nothing concrete. Whenever they give me the "I shouln't have to explain [x] because an intelligent person would already be aware of such",

Spoiler

Who knows, they might be Brexiters looking for some laughs in disguise :rofl:

"Stop letting illegal aliens chevauchee across Europe. If they desist from violent acts, I.E the breaking down of gates. Shoot them. Rubber bullets first, lethality at last resort. People just need to realise they can't, nor should they be welcome to the fruits of a nation because they happen to have been born elsewhere."

Sincerely, your bf.

In Germany an old noble hag said as much as this, and the nation, even the AfD she is affiliated with had people joining in, was outraged.

Great guy you got there, would love to see his EQ.

So brainless said
.But hey, talking about insults and debating skills, nice question about my age

Then insults Josb by calling him a kid. this is hilarious
Original post by AperfectBalance
So brainless said
.But hey, talking about insults and debating skills, nice question about my age

Then insults Josb by calling him a kid. this is hilarious

Not like I didn't do that on purpose...

I am glad you find it funny, coz I am having a blast reading your conversation :biggrin:

It's like watching home videos or big brother.
Not like I didn't do that on purpose...

I am glad you find it funny, coz I am having a blast reading your conversation :biggrin:

It's like watching home videos or big brother.

Your "conversation" is far more of a joke than mine. you have baseless facts and insult people to try and put your point across
"Stop letting illegal aliens chevauchee across Europe. If they desist from violent acts, I.E the breaking down of gates. Shoot them. Rubber bullets first, lethality at last resort. People just need to realise they can't, nor should they be welcome to the fruits of a nation because they happen to have been born elsewhere."

Sincerely, your bf.

In Germany an old noble hag said as much as this, and the nation, even the AfD she is affiliated with had people joining in, was outraged.

Great guy you got there, would love to see his EQ.

I'll give you his EQ if you give me yours :wink:

I agree with his sentiment, for I know it in greater detail, but I personally wouldn't express myself as he did. Not because I disagree with him, neither because I regarded what he said as obscure or out of place (made perfect sense to me) but because that kind of assertion will wake up the righteous referees to come up with the perfect epithet card for the situation.

I am not aware of the woman you're talking about ( I only know of Frauke Petry and she's pretty fit to be an old hag) so if you wish to expand that, feel free to do so.
I like Trump's idea of a safe zone in Syria for the refugees and their families. They should not be allowed into Europe.

If threats don't work, violence will have to be used.
Original post by TheIr0nDuke
I like Trump's idea of a safe zone in Syria for the refugees and their families. They should not be allowed into Europe.

If threats don't work, violence will have to be used.

In all honesty the idea or something similar is good
Original post by AperfectBalance
In all honesty the idea or something similar is good

People label him a bigot or racist, but his ideas usually make sense. Keeps them close to home, we're still helping those genuinely in need, and they're not filling up European countries. It's a win win.
Original post by TheIr0nDuke
People label him a bigot or racist, but his ideas usually make sense. Keeps them close to home, we're still helping those genuinely in need, and they're not filling up European countries. It's a win win.

while I do not like a lot of his policies he has some good ideas, but I am fed up from people saying he is the new hitler
I'll give you his EQ if you give me yours :wink:

I agree with his sentiment, for I know it in greater detail, but I personally wouldn't express myself as he did. Not because I disagree with him, neither because I regarded what he said as obscure or out of place (made perfect sense to me) but because that kind of assertion will wake up the righteous referees to come up with the perfect epithet card for the situation.

I am not aware of the woman you're talking about ( I only know of Frauke Petry and she's pretty fit to be an old hag) so if you wish to expand that, feel free to do so.

If I give you mine, I'd much rather have yours than his =)

If you write on a public forum to shoot people escaping a war zone, then sorry, but how can you be shocked if people take an immediate disliking to you?

I don't actually remember her name, but Petry herself echoed the sentiments, see here for example: https://meta.tagesschau.de/id/108036/aeusserungen-zu-waffeneinsatz-die-afd-zeigt-ihr-wahres-gesicht

It caused a minor shitstorm in Germany. Maybe you have different views in the UK, but even if, I find it very hard to believe that you are a moral person if you say such things.
Original post by BaconandSauce
That should be for the people of Europe to decide not immigrants.

Are you not a human being? did the nuremberg trials set no standard for decency?
Original post by Josb
Let the peoples decide, ok?

These people were safe in refugee camps, for which the EU is going to pay €6 billion.

OP asked for solution. this is the solution,

lest you want more ISIS like situations

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending