The Student Room Group

Maintenance loan

Hi,
How often do you get the maintenance loan? I've read on one website every term and another one payment for the whole year
For example, if I was eligible for Β£4,000, would I receive this Β£4,000 every term or for the whole year in one payment?
Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Sacred Ground
Hi,
How often do you get the maintenance loan? I've read on one website every term and another one payment for the whole year
For example, if I was eligible for Β£4,000, would I receive this Β£4,000 every term or for the whole year in one payment?
Thanks

You would get Β£4000 for the whole year, split into three payments i.e. Β£4000 divided by three, once a term. The third payment would be a slightly larger proportion, as it is intended yo help support you through the summer as well as during your third term.
Original post by Klix88
You would get Β£4000 for the whole year, split into three payments i.e. Β£4000 divided by three, once a term. The third payment would be a slightly larger proportion, as it is intended yo help support you through the summer as well as during your third term.

Thanks for the reply I was under the impression I'd get x amount every term, so this is a tad disappointing. Not really sure how I'll manage now
Reply 3
Original post by Sacred Ground
Thanks for the reply I was under the impression I'd get x amount every term, so this is a tad disappointing. Not really sure how I'll manage now

I'm afraid there's no way you'd get Β£12,000 a year from Student Finance. Your parents are expected to continue helping to supoort you financially through uni, although the reality is that many can't afford to, even with higher incomes.
Original post by Klix88
I'm afraid there's no way you'd get Β£12,000 a year from Student Finance. Your parents are expected to continue helping to supoort you financially through uni, although the reality is that many can't afford to, even with higher incomes.

That's not at all feasible in my case, I'm pretty sure I'd be eligible for the maximum Β£8,200 as a result of my parents income (lower than Β£25,000). I'm worried about I'll juggle medicine and a part time job, but I'm sure many others have been in my situation.
Unis tend to offer bursaries to students who receive the maximum loan.

Quick Reply

Latest