The Student Room Group

UK Muslim preacher now head of Somalia Islamic State

Sheiky Abdulqadir Mumin, who preached at mosques in London, fled to Somalia after being investigated by M15 for radicalising young men with his fiery sermons.

The henna-bearded militant, who burned his British passport on arrival in Somalia, has now re-emerged in a video shot in northern Somalia in which he leads a faction pledging allegiance to Isil's Iraqi leader, Abubakr al-Baghdadi.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04/29/british-extremist-preacher-linked-to-lee-rigby-killer-emerges-as/

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3
I wish he burned that beard.
Is it really that hard to get rid of extremist imams in the UK?

Like seriously..
Reply 5
...ok?
Reply 6
I know who is getting wet over this
I'm glad we could host him while he recuperated his zeal. Beautiful, diverse, England.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper

Like seriously..

How do you distinguish between an extremist Imam who says that force should be used against us, and someone like you who says force should be used against immigrants? What is the difference? There is an aggressor and victim in both cases. Are you suggesting that in some cases (where we are the victim) it is ok, but in others (where we are the aggressor) it is not? Or what?

The problem you seem to miss, is that when making a set of rules, it has to apply to everyone. So we blame Human Rights legislation for stopping us from deporting people we take a disliking to whilst forgetting that before human rights, the police could march into your house, plant evidence and indite you on a whim.
Original post by ByEeek
How do you distinguish between an extremist Imam who says that force should be used against us, and someone like you who says force should be used against immigrants? What is the difference? There is an aggressor and victim in both cases. Are you suggesting that in some cases (where we are the victim) it is ok, but in others (where we are the aggressor) it is not? Or what?

The problem you seem to miss, is that when making a set of rules, it has to apply to everyone. So we blame Human Rights legislation for stopping us from deporting people we take a disliking to whilst forgetting that before human rights, the police could march into your house, plant evidence and indite you on a whim.

We should put surveillance on all mosques.
And also the fact that you say "we" whilst talking about this Imam really worries me.
Reply 10
Original post by TheSuingEU

lol
Original post by ByEeek

Difference between me and an extremist imam.

I don't condone the killing of gay people, I don't condone an Islamic caliphate, I'm against the idea of apostates being killed completely. I could go on sweetheart.
Difference between me and an extremist imam.

I don't condone the killing of gay people, I don't condone an Islamic caliphate, I'm against the idea of apostates being killed completely. I could go on sweetheart.

The main problem is the protective bubble that muslim organization has

Like seriously..

It's actually ridiculously difficult. Especially if they're born here, why should another country be forced to take them on?
A lot of it is that whole free speech business too, as well as an unwillingness for authorities to seem racist.
Original post by Zargabaath
It's actually ridiculously difficult. Especially if they're born here, why should another country be forced to take them on?
A lot of it is that whole free speech business too, as well as an unwillingness for authorities to seem racist.

Not to mention the whole "Human Rights" debacle that happened when Britain was trying to kick out Captain Hook because he'd be tortured in Jordan or some ****.
You can't "deport" citizens. This is their country.
Original post by ByEeek
How do you distinguish between an extremist Imam who says that force should be used against us, and someone like you who says force should be used against immigrants? What is the difference?

Don't be a retard. I know you're a social justice warrior but this is dumb even for you.
Original post by AperfectBalance
The main problem is the protective bubble that muslim organization has

And then they wonder why they get so much flak from others..
Original post by CarlTheCuck
The henna-bearded militant, who burned his British passport on arrival in Somalia

I wish everyone who went to join the Islamic State would do that.

tbh perhaps all imans and similar should be replaced with plants, who preach a sanitised verision of islam.
Original post by BioStudentx
We should put surveillance on all mosques.
And also the fact that you say "we" whilst talking about this Imam really worries me.

So does that mean we can put surveillance on all churches, meeting rooms, halls and why not in every home too? Have you read 1984? You should. If you apply something draconian to a group of people you apply it to yourself. Are you up for 24 interference from the state?

Quick Reply

Latest