The Student Room Group

I go to a state school, AMA

Saw a similar thread like this one, only the thread starter had went to a private school instead.

Found it interesting to read so I thought I'd make my own version.

My secondary school isn't the greatest and I live in a pretty dangerous area where gang related activity is at an all time high, but I'd like to think that I defy most negative stereotypes and despite growing up in a crappy area have done good for myself. (so far at least :mmm:)

Go :p: :yy:

Scroll to see replies

Did you get free school meals
Reply 2
Original post by Vinny1900
Did you get free school meals

I don't, most of my friends do though
not interested - done enough with my school life :colonhash:
Reply 4
Original post by fatima1998
not interested - done enough with my school life :colonhash:

Lol, so why you here?
Reply 5
Original post by Kiniun
Saw a similar thread like this one, only the thread starter had went to a private school instead.

Found it interesting to read so I thought I'd make my own version.

My secondary school isn't the greatest and I live in a pretty dangerous area where gang related activity is at an all time high, but I'd like to think that I defy most negative stereotypes and despite growing up in a crappy area have done good for myself. (so far at least :mmm:)

Go :p: :yy:

Haha, I bet this'll be like seeing how the other half live for most of the people on TSR...
Original post by Kiniun
Lol, so why you here?

because i am bored :unsure:
Reply 7
Original post by JPO92
Haha, I bet this'll be like seeing how the other half live for most of the people on TSR...

Never really thought majority of the people on tsr go to private/top schools.. interesting
I think the majority of members on TSR go to state school. You're not unique, kid.
Reply 9
Original post by samiln
I think the majority of members on TSR go to state school. You're not unique, kid.

Maybe so, but I doubt most have grown up in a fairly deprived area
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Kiniun
Maybe so, but I doubt most haven't grown up in a fairly deprived area

Your title should've been 'I go to a deprived state school' or whatever, idk it just seems a little vague to me.
Do you feel unhappy that you're not at a private school?
Reply 12
Original post by 04MR17
Do you feel unhappy that you're not at a private school?

I sometimes feel pretty upset that I'm not as privileged as others (financially mostly) but I'm extremely happy with myself for pushing past the barriers I face and making my parents proud - I get that extra sense of achievement and it feels great :smile:
Original post by Kiniun
I sometimes feel pretty upset that I'm not as privileged as others (financially mostly) but I'm extremely happy with myself for pushing past the barriers I face and making my parents proud - I get that extra sense of achievement and it feels great
And how much do you think your grades are affected by your school/teaching?
Original post by M14B
Then you do not put AMA in the title, as Ask Me Anything does not apply

Pffft if someone asked anyone a really personal question in an AMA they probably won't answer it. Most AMAs people don't mention personal information. You obviously haven't seen a lot of AMAs.
Reply 15
Original post by blackdiamond97
AMAA, it's an abbreviation for ask me almost anything

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, will use!

Original post by 04MR17
And how much do you think your grades are affected by your school/teaching?

I do think my grades could be better if the teaching was at a higher standard but I'm more than happy to put in the hard work myself to get the grades I want. I try not to dwell on it too much though. I'm lucky to be having access to an education anyways:smile:
Reply 16
Original post by Foo.mp3
Naw, just larking about, lad. I went to state (primary), private (middle), and public (upper), and my sister went to/mother taught in state comps :yy:

:sad:

:unimpressed:

Spoiler

What are the servant's quarters like in state schools?

Also what breed of horse do you keep in your stables?
Does your school have a lockdown drill?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by Dinasaurus
What are the servant's quarters like in state schools?

Also what breed of horse do you keep in your stables?

what :rofl:

I'm not familiar with 'servant quarters', but I doubt we have them and I have no horses lol

Quick Reply

Latest