The Student Room Group

Should I start praying salah?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by *Alisha*
I use to pray salah when I was in year 8 and I noticed that I use to do well in my tests.........but now I stopped I started to get bad grades. Not really bad but yeah.

Can I ask why you stopped in the first place? :smile:
you should stop and realize that your success will not come about by wasting you time praying, hard work and determination will. praying is only taking up time
Original post by Powerpuff Girls
Yet you've admitted that you thirst for dark chocolate men and like to sleep around.:rolleyes:

@Ya Dunno what you're talking about.
Reply 23
On a level I just read Asr and it was so nice
Original post by zanner
On a level I just read Asr and it was so nice

Never knew you were a Muslim =). Salam bro! :tongue:
Reply 25
Original post by Perfection Ace
Never knew you were a Muslim =). Salam bro! :tongue:

yesss i am :biggrin:

wa alaikum asalam bro
Original post by goal101
I really understand where your coming from, it's also the general outcome of life it's as though somthing is missing and we're empty once that islam is with you like praying salah things starts to fall into place again - honestly tried and tested you will never regret it, once you have the habit you won't even want to miss salah again because of the outlook of life - success is prayers and hardwork always remember that :smile:
In SHAA Allah you start praying and Allah guides you to the right path and Jannah :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

INSHALLaH
Can I ask why you stopped in the first place? :smile:

I got out of the routine of praying which made me less capable of praying again even when I tried. Also, as I have so much work which isn't really an excuse I know,
I got out of the routine of praying which made me less capable of praying again even when I tried. Also, as I have so much work which isn't really an excuse I know,

Ahhh right, well, all I can say is make du'a to Allah! :smile: I guess I'll make du'a for you too!
Compulsory prayer.

It's not really compulsory if people skip it.

As a slight side-note, surely everything related to religious dogma is compulsory?

It's not rock climbing bro, that really is a bad excuse.
Original post by Drunk Punx
It's not really compulsory if people skip it.

As a slight side-note, surely everything related to religious dogma is compulsory?

Not everything o.o, some of the teachings of Muhammad (pbuh) are not compulsory. :smile:
Not everything o.o, some of the teachings of Muhammad (pbuh) are not compulsory. :smile:

What makes the Salah compulsory?

NB: I'm not being antagonistic this time, I'm actually curious.
I use to pray salah when I was in year 8 and I noticed that I use to do well in my tests.........but now I stopped I started to get bad grades. Not really bad but yeah.
Pray and make du'aa for anything, remember patience is a virtue

If you didn't realise from my name. I'M ACTUALLY A GIRL. Thanks.:angry:

And that is what I said. I said it ain't an excuse
Original post by Keyhofi
I never prayed before and I always got high grades.

asian much brah?
If you didn't realise from my name. I'M ACTUALLY A GIRL. Thanks.:angry:

Whatever floats your boat.

And that is what I said. I said it ain't an excuse

Actually you said that having so much work to do isn't an excuse. Pedantic, perhaps. But also technically correct given your placement of a full stop.
What makes the Salah compulsory?

NB: I'm not being antagonistic this time, I'm actually curious.

It's an act of worship to Allah and in Islam, the whole idea of being 'religious' is pretty much worshipping Allah. :smile:
Original post by CON5P1RACY K1D
Pray and make du'aa for anything, remember patience is a virtue

i would literally rep u a thousandddd times for that but i cant ahahah

r u muslim? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest