The Student Room Group

Should I start praying salah?

Scroll to see replies

I was in your position last year and this is what helped me.
firstly I learnt the meaning of salah and the English translation of the words i was reading in salah so i could improve my concentration.
then i got someone to keep nagging me to read salah, for me it was my mum so at salah times she would tell me
also if you have a phone download a salah times app so you can know the timings of all salahs.
i hope this helps!
Prayer is for the weak
Original post by ZuluK
Start praying Salah again. Ngl when I pray Fajr in the morning, I feel so at peace. Pray and you'll notice the differences. :h:

OMG its so true, everything feels so awsome. Im serious praying fajr makes the morning beautiful.
Original post by mariam687
i would literally rep u a thousandddd times for that but i cant ahahah

r u muslim? :smile:
aww man like mariam ! yeah alhamdulilah ;D
Original post by goal101
I really understand where your coming from, it's also the general outcome of life it's as though somthing is missing and we're empty once that islam is with you like praying salah things starts to fall into place again - honestly tried and tested you will never regret it, once you have the habit you won't even want to miss salah again because of the outlook of life - success is prayers and hardwork always remember that :smile:
In SHAA Allah you start praying and Allah guides you to the right path and Jannah :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very true, I used to read at home when I was at uni, but then I realised there was a pray room, it was a bit difficult to go there at first but slowly everything just felt better. Leaving everything for allah gives you peace.

Not only that people who pray are normal and are young lads some have a stereotype that those who pray are backwards and always talk about others wrong doing. However the people who I have met at pray rooms are decent people.

Anyways magrib is upon us :smile:
Reply 45
Original post by redleader1
OMG its so true, everything feels so awsome. Im serious praying fajr makes the morning beautiful.

It does. You start your day off properly and you feel content. Even when things go wrong, they don't seem as bad. But waking up with my parents and praying with my mum and sisters, it's honestly amazing. It's the only prayer we pray together. :redface:
Original post by CON5P1RACY K1D
aww man like mariam ! yeah alhamdulilah ;D

omg why the hell did i not know?!!! mash'Allah x
Original post by mariam687
omg why the hell did i not know?!!! mash'Allah x
i'm full or surprises :h:
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
asian much brah?

No, just hard work.
Original post by CON5P1RACY K1D
i'm full or surprises :h:

ayt if u say so :smile:
:rolleyes:
Original post by ZuluK
Not really. He thinks he knows about my life and is in a place to judge 🙄

Well, It looks like the dude deleted his comments. I was expecting some crazy comeback. Oh well.
Reply 51
Original post by HuzaifahN
Well, It looks like the dude deleted his comments. I was expecting some crazy comeback. Oh well.

:lol:
Praying is a placebo, and a very dangerous one, you should try reality.
Instead of praying, why don't you study or volunteer your services? Or bake a cake.

Get really good at baking cakes - everyone loves cakes. Islam - not so much.
Original post by Anonymous
Tbh im gay with a horrible experience with religion and i still try to pray my salah whenever I can. I should step it up as well but keep at it sis.

I respect you even if you're a gay Muslim:-)
I'm trying to find the website that had the steps of praying salah.
Original post by Kagutsuchi
Instead of praying, why don't you study or volunteer your services? Or bake a cake.

Get really good at baking cakes - everyone loves cakes. Islam - not so much.

No, I'm not trying to pray just to get good grades.
Original post by goal101
I really understand where your coming from, it's also the general outcome of life it's as though somthing is missing and we're empty once that islam is with you like praying salah things starts to fall into place again - honestly tried and tested you will never regret it, once you have the habit you won't even want to miss salah again because of the outlook of life - success is prayers and hardwork always remember that :smile:
In SHAA Allah you start praying and Allah guides you to the right path and Jannah :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, yes, yes, so true :smile:
I just remembered lol. It wasn't studying that made me stop salah. It was waswasa.I got very scared when I got very scared when I experienced this.
Original post by *Alisha*
I use to pray salah when I was in year 8 and I noticed that I use to do well in my tests.........but now I stopped I started to get bad grades. Not really bad but yeah.

You should pray salaah to praise God as he has granted you uncountable bounties. BTW their is no correlation between salaah and grades. God says in the Quran "with every hardship comes ease", so if you revised then you will defo pass.
However, if your lazy and fail to revise, then praying 5 times a day won't make you pass.
Original post by Farah_786
You should pray salaah to praise God as he has granted you uncountable bounties. BTW their is no correlation between salaah and grades. God says in the Quran "with every hardship comes ease", so if you revised then you will defo pass.
However, if your lazy and fail to revise, then praying 5 times a day won't make you pass.

I do revise.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending