The Student Room Group

Aqa as level biology - 26th may & 7th june (thread-)

Hey guys! decided to make a thread -
shares tips and revision so how are you guys revising for biology at this stage is past papers he best thing to do? and repeating questions and going over content?
- Please share your tips/useful websites/exam questions to discuss/ any videos!
hope anyone can answer the question above! :smile: - Aiming for an A !
Goodluck! we can do this :smile:
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Reply 2
Original post by goal101
Hey guys! decided to make a thread -
shares tips and revision so how are you guys revising for biology at this stage is past papers he best thing to do? and repeating questions and going over content?
- Please share your tips/useful websites/exam questions to discuss/ any videos!
hope anyone can answer the question above! :smile: - Aiming for an A !
Goodluck! we can do this :smile:

I'm so nervous :biggrin:, sadly I plan on doing it for A2 so my AS grade will be void :'(
Reply 3
Original post by Ribenas
I'm so nervous :biggrin:, sadly I plan on doing it for A2 so my AS grade will be void :'(

How do you revise lately been feeling burned out ; ( someone motivate mee

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by goal101
How do you revise lately been feeling burned out ; ( someone motivate mee

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well we only have 26 days...that motivates me xD
Reply 5
My teacher is far from good and we're yet to finish the content. It has came down to having to self teach the content to myself, I wish I done it earlier.
Reply 6
Original post by Kozmo
My teacher is far from good and we're yet to finish the content. It has came down to having to self teach the content to myself, I wish I done it earlier.

Ohh I don't know when we're finishing either but I guess I have todo the same :frown:
How have you revised for bio?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by goal101
Ohh I don't know when we're finishing either but I guess I have todo the same :frown:
How have you revised for bio?

Posted from TSR Mobile

im currently doing a lot ( and i mean a lot) of past papers. our school gave us 4 booklets (one for each unit) with all the exam questions (they're thick booklets)
im learning the mark schemes as i go and i;ve noticed that 60%+ of the questions are the exact same just worded differently!

im working of the how science works questions cos i find them the hardest but im hoping the grade boundaries will be low!!!
Reply 8
Original post by Nico di Angleo
im currently doing a lot ( and i mean a lot) of past papers. our school gave us 4 booklets (one for each unit) with all the exam questions (they're thick booklets)
im learning the mark schemes as i go and i;ve noticed that 60%+ of the questions are the exact same just worded differently!

im working of the how science works questions cos i find them the hardest but im hoping the grade boundaries will be low!!!

Oh wow! That makes me super scared now because I have so much stuff for my other subjects aswell! Plus bio revision
& iv realised the same they are pretty much same questions!
What's your current grade ? - how many hours of rev do u do a day
&
What subjects do you do:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by goal101
Oh wow! That makes me super scared now because I have so much stuff for my other subjects aswell! Plus bio revision
& iv realised the same they are pretty much same questions!
What's your current grade ? - how many hours of rev do u do a day
&
What subjects do you do:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

For bio i'm aiming for an A and currently working at an A for the past couple of assessments. for revision ive been doing at least 3-4 hours a day since like January on weekends i do more- i think its safe to say i have to social life at the moment! :smile:
i take Bio, Chemistry,Maths and French and aiming/working at an A in all of them
what about you? :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Nico di Angleo
For bio i'm aiming for an A and currently working at an A for the past couple of assessments. for revision ive been doing at least 3-4 hours a day since like January on weekends i do more- i think its safe to say i have to social life at the moment! :smile:
i take Bio, Chemistry,Maths and French and aiming/working at an A in all of them
what about you? :smile:

Wow that's so impressive!
I hope you achieve it
Atm I get Cs/D which isn't great and I'm really willing to pull it up as much as I can I don't knowhow much revision I do I just tend to do it kind of thing
Subjects I do are: English lit Biology sociology & psychology
Aiming to get good in them all too which seems like so much pressure is on!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by goal101
Wow that's so impressive!
I hope you achieve it
Atm I get Cs/D which isn't great and I'm really willing to pull it up as much as I can I don't knowhow much revision I do I just tend to do it kind of thing
Subjects I do are: English lit Biology sociology & psychology
Aiming to get good in them all too which seems like so much pressure is on!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! and i hope you get what you want as well :smile:
the pressure is definitely on i didnt feel this stressed at GCSEs and i had 20+ exams for that!!
what are you looking to do after college?
my teacher is really bad, i basically taught my self from easter onwards. I'm scared cos i started half hearted revision november time but i forgot everything cos i didn't go back to it. I've made several attempts at starting revision but id constantly wanna go thru the spec in order and then give up so I've done carbohydrates 7000 times. i have english in the morning and bio in the afternoon of tomorrow. fam I'm gonna flop cos i have chem the next day so i have to pull an all nighter for that i haven't learnt the definitions, so I'm screwed. came on here for advice, what would y'all do in my position? I'm telling myself ill try harder in paper 2 but i don't want it to drag me too down. i just need an E to carry the courses onto A2 but i want at least C's. All year I've been a consistent U grade student no matter how much i revise for it so it was demotivating and bare people like my fam keep dying of cancer although id never blame them my mental health is suffering too help!!!!
Original post by bbygurllifestyle
my teacher is really bad, i basically taught my self from easter onwards. I'm scared cos i started half hearted revision november time but i forgot everything cos i didn't go back to it. I've made several attempts at starting revision but id constantly wanna go thru the spec in order and then give up so I've done carbohydrates 7000 times. i have english in the morning and bio in the afternoon of tomorrow. fam I'm gonna flop cos i have chem the next day so i have to pull an all nighter for that i haven't learnt the definitions, so I'm screwed. came on here for advice, what would y'all do in my position? I'm telling myself ill try harder in paper 2 but i don't want it to drag me too down. i just need an E to carry the courses onto A2 but i want at least C's. All year I've been a consistent U grade student no matter how much i revise for it so it was demotivating and bare people like my fam keep dying of cancer although id never blame them my mental health is suffering too help!!!![/QUO
I am in the same situation what I find helps is go through mark schemes of papers writing answers on cue cards then just learn them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending