The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

While a non human animal may kill you, a wave of migrants and all the things that come with it may kill a society and ruin countries economically and socially
So... instead of telling people to be more sympathetic to refugees and the like, you're simply pissed about them being kind to animals? :s-smilie:
Infighting amongst leftists on which oppressed group can score the most victim points. Noice
Original post by TercioOfParma
Animals are not attempting to commit crimes like those at Calais, who are attempting to illegally immigrate.

yeah, the animals will kill you. So much better, may as well let a lion or an elephant enter through border security
Original post by Youngmetro
yeah, the animals will kill you. So much better, may as well let a lion or an elephant enter through border security

Animals don't know any better, humans do.
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Animals may not be sentient beings , but they still feel pain.

Definition of sentient: able to perceive or FEEL things.
So, if animals FEEL pain, they are SENTIENT.
Original post by Platopus
Definition of sentient: able to perceive or FEEL things.
So, if animals FEEL pain, they are SENTIENT.

If you think what I am saying is stupid, sit a jack russel down and try to teach it the law.

EDIT: Just read this again, and I realised I responded to the wrong thing.
(edited 7 years ago)
Animals don't know any better, humans do.

What's the difference, they're equal to us but in a difficult position? Animals on the other hand can live a perfectly natural life out in the wild, humans cannot.
If you think what I am saying is stupid, sit a jack russel down and try to teach it the law.

I don't think what you are saying is stupid.
I was just pointing out the logical inaccuracy of the person who I quoted who said that animals are not sentient but still feel pain. Since the definition of sentient is being able to feel, you can't say that animals feel pain but are not sentient. I drew no conclusions from this.
(edited 7 years ago)
People find animals therapeutic, helps with depression esp dogs I can understand that but other then that they are freakin retarded.
Yeah ate about 3-4 different animals today. Totally treat the same as humans.
Original post by Platopus
I don't think what you are saying is stupid.
I was just pointing out the logical inaccuracy of the person who I quoted who said that animals are not sentient but still feel pain. Since the definition of sentient is being able to feel, you can't say that animals feel pain but are not sentient. I drew no conclusions from this.

I was quoting a guy who said that animals murder though?

What's the difference, they're equal to us but in a difficult position? Animals on the other hand can live a perfectly natural life out in the wild, humans cannot.

Yes humans can. Animals aren't equal to humans though.
Original post by intelligent con
Seriously so many people constantly whine in this country about lions or elephants being killed yet don't care about the plight of the refugees in calais. I hate to break it to you but these animals are just that, animals, they aren't nice cuddly friends and would likely kill you if they got the chance. The reason poachers don't feel guilty is because these animals destroy their lands and kill their people. I'm fed up with this colonial attitude towards other countries treatment of animals from your cozy home in the west, get some perspective please instead of believing PETA PROPAGANDA

Animals are incredible things. Animals kill because they evolved for the good of their species.. be it killing for food, killing to propagate ones genes, or killing out of fear or instinct. Humans kill out of spite, jealousy, greed, anger and so on.

The reason poachers dont feel guilty is because they are getting paid a relative wedge and have no care for effect on the species they kill given the financial advancement it gives to them self. (Kinda ironic in a way and i can understand why poachers choose to become poachers)

To try and argue poachers are killing these animals to extinction because they are a danger to local communities and not because the dog skinning China is powering a huge amount of wealth into the pockets of people living in mud huts for animal aphrodesiacs is hideously lamentable
(edited 7 years ago)

Yes humans can. Animals aren't equal to humans though.

Unfortunately one of the human rights are 'the right to live' and numerous international laws that protect migrants rights.
Unfortunately one of the human rights are 'the right to live' and numerous international laws that protect migrants rights.

Where do I suggest murdering migrants? What I said is that migrants are criminals.
Where do I suggest murdering migrants? What I said is that migrants are criminals.

Great generalisation. Ahh ignorance really is bliss.
F**k animals. F**k people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CoolCavy
lol will do. After all when i'm crying my eyes out on my own and noone gives a **** the only thing that offers me any sort of comfort is my pigs.
and yes the common factor is me, well done. I realised that ages ago after a multitude of failed friendships. I am an over obsessive bitch i admit that but yet i try my best to remain polite and courteous to people but yet they continue to take the piss out of me, a lot of the time for things i can't help either such as my speech etc.
idk why you think people like that would be worth forgiveness. yet if they turned around tomorrow and apologised i would forgive them. as of yet however that hasn't been the case.
and yes guinea pigs are better, they actually calm my anxiety whereas humans continuously have a go at me or just make things 10x worse.
good day sir

Hey cool cavy.. you have pigs? I really want a pet pig one day (When i have enough land, no way rumpy is sleeping on my sofa like this twitter account i follow lool), are they as cute, loving and intelligent as people say?
Great generalisation. Ahh ignorance really is bliss.

Explain your assertion. Also, it is not necessary to be insulting.
Explain your assertion. Also, it is not necessary to be insulting.

No, you're steering the conversation away with your anti migrant agenda. Im not here to argue with you about migrants, im talking specifically about animals and humans.

Latest