The Student Room Group

Pensioner, 77, told mother in hijab: 'You look like you're about to b0mb the place'

A pensioner told a mother wearing a hijab outside a supermarket 'you look like you're about to bomb the place'.

Barbara Anne Blauvelt, 77, also told Ritha Ahmed that women in Britain 'don't cover up', a court heard.

Ms Ahmed was with two of her children when she was racially abused by Blauvelt outside Sainsbury's in Bexhill-on-Sea, East Sussex. Police were called and Ms Ahmed said it was the second time she had been abused by Blauvelt after an incident outside a doctors' surgery last September.

Blauvelt, of Pinewoods, Bexhill, was convicted at Eastbourne Magistrates' Court of two charges of religiously aggravated intentional harassment, alarm or distress, Sussex Police said.

More:http://dailym.ai/1Sy1ptS

Scroll to see replies

So where was the racial abuse?
Original post by MildredMalone

it's idiots like you that make it impossible to talk about such issues on this forum.
Reply 3

Agreed
Unless more was said
Original post by Youngmetro
it's idiots like you that make it impossible to talk about such issues on this forum.

Stop getting so emotional,man.
Original post by TrueDetective01
Stop getting so emotional,man.

Im good

I didn't say it wasn't abuse. I said it wasn't racial abuse.

Accusing someone of being a terrorist bomber?

How would you feel if someone turned around and made that accusation at you in a serious way?
Reply 8
Saw this on another website and I think this is quite pathetic. Really getting quite ridiculous now.
Original post by HAnwar
Saw this on another website and I think this is quite pathetic. Really getting quite ridiculous now.

I know, people can get taken to court for pretty much nothing :/
Original post by TheSuingEU
A pensioner told a mother wearing a hijab outside a supermarket 'you look like you're about to bomb the place'.

The pensioner might not even have noticed the hijab.

Maybe he noticed a look of deep anger and steely defiance in the mother's eyes, and that's why he said it.

Or maybe it's slang for 'bring some pizazz to the situation', because the woman was looking so radiant and full of energy.

People are so quick to jump to conclusions.
Original post by Mojo Banjo

How would you feel if someone turned around and made that accusation at you in a serious way?

I would talk back at anyone who verbally abuses me. I certainly wouldn't cower in a safe space (I am of South Asian descent and yes, I have been verbally abused)
Original post by Mojo Banjo

(1) upset.

(2) not like a victim of a crime.
Reply 13
I know, people can get taken to court for pretty much nothing :/

When you get disgusting comments like that hurled at you, I'm sure that disgusting attitude of yours will change :smile:

Yes you already said that. Do you have a selection of stock phrases for when you can't think of an argument?
**** this thread, there are some delusional fools who think this isnt even racial abuse.

Why are you getting so emotional, mate?
Original post by HAnwar
When you get disgusting comments like that hurled at you, I'm sure that disgusting attitude of yours will change :smile:

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TheSuingEU

Barbara Anne Blauvelt, 77, also told Ritha Ahmed that women in Britain 'don't cover up', a court heard.

Ms Ahmed was with two of her children when she was racially abused by Blauvelt outside Sainsbury's in Bexhill-on-Sea, East Sussex. Police were called and Ms Ahmed said it was the second time she had been abused by Blauvelt after an incident outside a doctors' surgery last September.

Blauvelt, of Pinewoods, Bexhill, was convicted at Eastbourne Magistrates' Court of two charges of religiously aggravated intentional harassment, alarm or distress, Sussex Police said.

More:http://dailym.ai/1Sy1ptS

Another case of the officialdom in this country being totally idiotic. Racial abuse?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes you already said that. Do you have a selection of stock phrases for when you can't think of an argument?

I dont see the point in arguing with you. You're confused and lost.

Original post by TrueDetective01
Why are you getting so emotional, mate?

Im good, swearing doesnt mean im getting emo lmaooo
Reply 19
This is really sad if he did think that just because of the hijab. I am sure more cases like this will likely to happen. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending